Butel ARC536 Question & ARCPatrol License Inquiry

Status
Not open for further replies.

K1IWN

Folks that use ARC536... I read somewhere that the input into the 536 was from the GPS port in the back of the scanner. Is this still true? Is that also true with the ARC536PRO? I hope that has been fixed where it can be used on the front of the unit in the mini-USB port.

Also, if I own a copy of each ARC536 & ARCPatrol, is it one license per computer? I may be in a situation where I need to install both on two different PCs, and hope that I don't have to buy two copies.

Thanks in advance for any help.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Also, if I own a copy of each ARC536 & ARCPatrol, is it one license per computer? I may be in a situation where I need to install both on two different PCs, and hope that I don't have to buy two copies.

Thanks in advance for any help.

From the Butel web site:

License info: All prices shown are for a SINGLE user license and non professional users. If you own more then one computer you may install multiple copies of the software as long as the owner of the license is also operating the computer.
Professional users must buy a license for every scanner they are controlling. For large sites we can offer multi users licenses at special prices.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I read somewhere that the input into the 536 was from the GPS port in the back of the scanner. Is this still true? Is that also true with the ARC536PRO? I hope that has been fixed where it can be used on the front of the unit in the mini-USB port.

There is an issue with using the front port on the scanner in Serial Port. (Serial Port would be used for ARCPro's Virtual Control.) The issue is that something goes funky on a random basis and the scanner changes the front port from Serial to Mass Storage. That stops the data from being pass to Virtual Control.

The offered resolution was to use the rear GPS port (it's a serial port) for those applications requiring a Serial port. (That's how I go about it and it works like a charm.)

You can use the front port in Serial for Virtual Control in ARC536 Pro, however you shouldn't be surprised if Vritual Control stops working at some point. Again, it's random with no clue it is about to occur.

The front port in Mass Storage works fine for programming purposes with ARC 536.

K1IWN

There is an issue with using the front port on the scanner in Serial Port. (Serial Port would be used for ARCPro's Virtual Control.) The issue is that something goes funky on a random basis and the scanner changes the front port from Serial to Mass Storage. That stops the data from being pass to Virtual Control.

The offered resolution was to use the rear GPS port (it's a serial port) for those applications requiring a Serial port. (That's how I go about it and it works like a charm.)

You can use the front port in Serial for Virtual Control in ARC536 Pro, however you shouldn't be surprised if Vritual Control stops working at some point. Again, it's random with no clue it is about to occur.

The front port in Mass Storage works fine for programming purposes with ARC 536.

Ah, ok.

I am not sure how much of the virtual control I am going to use, so that may not be a huge deal for me. Programming is definitely my main concern with this, and if I can use the front port without any hassle I should be good.

Thanks for the information! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.