ARC536: Butel ARC536 Upgrade Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barrygilnc

I have ARC536BASIC 2.1 Build 8. On the Butel website, the latest version is 2.2 Build 10. I have "Auto Check for Updates" selected. I have also clicked on "Check for Updates" but nothing happens. Should I be able to get Version 2.2 Build 10 and, if I should, what do I do? Thank you.

Barrygilnc

I solved the problem in my original post by downloading the entire Version 2.2 Build 10 and installing it, but I ran into another problem.

No matter what I do, the editing window remains blank. If I try to open an hpd file, I see the message that the various systems in it are being opened then, at the bottom of the screen, it says "Load OK," but the spreadsheet and side-bar with the short-cuts aren't visible. If I try to create a new Favorite or System, the window where the spreadsheet should be remains empty.

When I exit the program, I get a message that my changes will be lost if I don't save them, so I know the files are being loaded, they’re just not displaying.

I've tried to do a clean install, deleting the entire ARC536 software, rebooting by computer, then downloading ARC536 from your website and installing it, but I'm still having the same problem. I'm running Windows 10 and have installed all Windows updates.

Has anyone else encountered this or have an idea how to fix it?

Thank you.

Barrygilnc

Problem's been solved. I'll post what happened in case anyone else has a similar issue after updating. It turned out updating re-sized the left- hand pane to the point where it couldn't be seen. All I had to do was use the mouse to drag the vertical gray line on the left-hand side of the screen to the right so I could see all the short-cuts again. I also want to give a shout-out to Butel Customer Service. I noticed the Contact link on their website after I made my first post here. They responded quickly and noticed right away what had happened. I feel a bit embarrassed at overlooking something as obvious as a mis-sized window, but, hopefully, this may help if someone else has the same issue.

W6KRU

I can't figure out what to do in the Installshield Wizard for the build10 setup. I pick Modify in the first window and click Next. The custom setup window comes up with scanned Project 2 listed. I have no idea what that feature is but I go ahead and select This feature will be installed on local hard drive. I then click next. Nothing happens. Click again. Still nothing. Now frustrated and just wanting to do the job I started out to do, I click cancel. Not very user friendly.

W6KRU

The lack of support for ARC software here is driving me away slowly but surely. I think I have figured out my install problem on my own. The problem lies with whatever is triggering the download and install process. If I go to help and check for updates , it says I am up to date. The install problem is due to attempting install the current level. Thanks for all the help Gommert. :confused:

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I've purchased/used numerous Butel scanner software products for years and Gommert has always provided great support when I've needed it.

N4VKF

Premium Subscriber
Finally getting used to this software. How do I get rid of the popup message every time that tells me there is an update? I have already installed the latest version. This only occurs when I run ARC536

Status
Not open for further replies.