BuTel ARC996-basic Software startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

user4950

I've installed this software on my laptop severial times and according to the manual after the intiial exe run It should ask for the registration information. I never see such a screen. It just has me constantly running the setup program.

Highpockets

I've installed this software on my laptop severial times and according to the manual after the intiial exe run It should ask for the registration information. I never see such a screen. It just has me constantly running the setup program.

After you run the setup program can you run the program in Demo mode?

user4950

When you go to Start _ Programs _ Butel do you see a ARC996 folder?

Gommert
www.butelsoftware.com

I can not go to any Start_Programs_Butel and I see no ARC996 folder. When I insert the disc again and check my computer under Devices with removavle storage(F:) is the ARC. If I left click it wants to runs EXE again-been there numerous times. Right click-setup,this just runs exe. again. Autorun-same result. Explore manual I can read this in adobe format but doesn't assist.

n2mdk

Forget about the disc if you have installed the program, you need to run the program itself. Check on your hard drive where you selected to install the program see if the folder is there. If you did a normal install it should be C or whatever your primary drive is > Program Files > Butel > ARC996

user4950

Forget about the disc if you have installed the program, you need to run the program itself. Check on your hard drive where you selected to install the program see if the folder is there. If you did a normal install it should be C or whatever your primary drive is > Program Files > Butel > ARC996

Found it thanks! I tried to program one town according to to the instructions but no good. Montclair New Jersey-paste frequencies but no scanning and it doesn't appear on my scanner.

user4950

I was following the instructions contained in section 2.3.5 in your manual-I have no .96 file.
Another issue has arisen- I initially tried to run your software on my tower pc-would not do it several times. Two nights ago I tried still no good. I forgot the cd was in the pc watched tv and 90 minutes later I heard a noise and the software started to run-Great!. My equipment including the scanner is next to the pc.
Next, communication setup-easy as the laptop-wrong. Connected and reconnected the cable over and over again- no good. Screen showed an open port-tried dozens on times no good.Plugged cable into other ports on pc to link with blue open port-no good. Change baud rates use auto detect-all no good.
Reread your manual"refer to section 8.2 for troubleshooting tips...". I'm stil looking for that section- It doesn't exist. Secton 7 has troubleshooting tips but they added nothing.
I continually receive the following message;
mdl
Software has not detected your scanner please check scanner is switched on and connected. read the instruction how to setup scanner communications.
The scanner is ON, the connection has been made dozens of times(same worked on laptop) and the instructions have been read and reread.

Butelsoftware

Database Admin
If you don't have a file of the system, download the system from your scanner and then select File _ Save System As.

If you use a USB cable make sure the driver is up to date or try re-installing the driver. Also double check that PC communication is enabled in the scanner.

Gommert
www.butelsoftware.com

Status
Not open for further replies.