butel (for Uniden BCDx36HP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TedRHayes

Can't duplicate this, what happens when you create a new mot system with 4 or 5 sites? If you want to assign them to qk's over 9 first drop in the not assigned list and then change the view to the new qkey.

Gommert
Butel Software

I had the problem with the Ohio MARCS-IP P25 system which I downloaded via ARC536Pro from RadioReference. It has 90 SITEs and over 100 DEPs.

I just tried downloading it again, and this time I can't even get it to save DEPs when I drag them to QK boxes. (I tried it several ways, but I dragged different #s of DEP/SITE to QK 0, changed the window to the 90-99 QKs, then switched back to 0-9 QKs windows, and all the DEP/SITEs I'd moved were back in the No Key Assigned block.)

garys

Premium Subscriber
Try closing the Favorites List and reopening it. I had a similar issue and that fixed it. Well, it's more of a work around than a fix, but you get the idea.

Gommert,

Need to report an issue with the QuickKey Manger window and sites. It will show SITEs and you can Drag and Drop one or more SITEs to one of the QuickKey boxes, but if you change to a different QK 10 set or even close the window, the designated QK values are not saved.

(Note: I changed the QK values for SITEs in Sentinal then read it back into ARC536Pro and they were displayed in the proper QK boxes in the QuickKey Manager window.)

I did not have any issues with DEPs in the QuickKey Manager window.

This is for Build 4.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Revisiting the Start Up Key issue I and at least one other member had. Tonight I did quite a bit of editing to a Favorites List. When I was done, I uploaded it to the scanner. On restart, I pressed the Start Up Key that went with that FL, but all of the FLS opened, not just the one I wanted to open.

I went into the menu system and found that all of my FLs had been changed so that they had the same Start Up Key as the FL that I had changed. I only uploaded the one FL with a FL key, FL Tag, and Start Up Key of 6. Yet, all of the other FLs had changed the Start Up Key to 6.

TedRHayes

Try closing the Favorites List and reopening it. I had a similar issue and that fixed it. Well, it's more of a work around than a fix, but you get the idea.

I tried again:

This time I downloaded the Ohio MARCS-IP system from RR (via ARC536Pro); there are 90 SITEs and 100+ DEPs. I used the QuickKey Manger window to assign DEPs to various QKs. This seemed to work (i.e., the QK assignments were saved).

I then started to assign SITEs to QKs using the QuickKey Manager window. After assigning all SITEs, I switched to a different QK set window (i.e., from the 90-99 to the 0-9). When I switched back to the 90-99 QK set window, all but 5-6 SITEs were back in the Unassigned QK block. I must have hit some limit and QuickKey Manager window would no longer save any changes I made.

I then save the System to an HPD file, closed the System, them reopened the HPD file. When I opened the QuickKey Manager window, I resumed assigning the remaining SITEs. This time it appeared to work.

There certainly appears to be some limit on the number of DEP/SITEs that can be assigned via the QuickKey Manager window in a given session. While there seems to be a workaround, I hope Gommert can identify the problem a fix it in a future release.

This testing was performed using the newly released Version 0.91 Build 1 of ARC536Pro.

Ted

Last edited:

TedRHayes

Gommert,

Something to put in our wish list of new features:

I would like to have a better method to edit (delete/copy/move/replace) multiple Departments and Sites among one or more systems.

There is a large system (the Ohio MARCS-IP) that is coming online throughout the state. The data in RR is being updated quite frequently. I find that I will load my working copy of the system from the x36 into ARC536Pro, then I download the updated copy of the system from RR. I will then start the process of deleting selected departments/sites in my working copy then copying/pasting the updates. It is a rather slow and laborious process. A better multi-edit process in ARC536Pro would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the consideration,

Ted

Donald Roberts

Premium Subscriber
QUESTION

Does it matter if you program a Project 25 Phase II TDMA as digital or all in mode? I have noticed that when u down load from RR it says all.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I'd leave it set to "ALL". That's the way Uniden's Sentinel handles these. I'm guessing there is a "method to the madness".

TedRHayes

Gommert,

I tried to connect to my 436 via the USB cable (i.e., with the Uniden Serial Port driver) for ARC536Pro VC. I can't get it to work as I had been before with earlier versions of the software. When I press the USB Port Start button I keep getting a beep and window banner displays: "USB/Comport error: 8012". I've tried several different things but have not been able resolve the issue. Do you have any suggestions given the error code?

I am still able to connect to the 436 via the GPS port and my USB-1 cable. Was just testing to see if the other serial access to the scanner still worked. Even though VC is still working via the GPS port, I am still having the download "freeze" as I described in previous posts (i.e., updates to the VC screen stop, but I can still send commands to the scanner through key presses).

This is version 0.91 Build 1

Thanks,

Ted

Last edited:

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
With the present build, you could conceivably open all of your Favorites Lists in the browser. Open one, then go to File>Add Another HPD file and additional Favorites Lists are added.

Unfortunately you won't know which systems are associated with which Favorites Lists that way.

Also great caution should be exercised when saving or writing to the scanner. You could end up merging all of the opened Favorites Lists into one Favorites List.

I believe the basic premise for ARC 536 is to edit on one Favorites List at a time.

dispatcher812

Premium Subscriber
With the present build, you could conceivably open all of your Favorites Lists in the browser. Open one, then go to File>Add Another HPD file and additional Favorites Lists are added.

Unfortunately you won't know which systems are associated with which Favorites Lists that way.

Also great caution should be exercised when saving or writing to the scanner. You could end up merging all of the opened Favorites Lists into one Favorites List.

I believe the basic premise for ARC 536 is to edit on one Favorites List at a time.

Darn, OK. I was hoping it had changed. If you can only due one at a time then I have a coupon to sell.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I suspect the reason is the structure of the file that "goes into" the scanner and that is something determined by Uniden.

I would not be surprised that ProScan's software is limited to editing one Favorites List at a time. Most likely if FreeScan ventures into the x36 scanners, it too will do just one Favorites List at a time.

Even with Sentinel, you are editing only one Favorites List at a time.

The HP platform scanners have pretty much changed the rules of the programming ballgame.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
You don't see all of them when you click the "Open" button? Or when reading your scanner via the combo box to the right of "Open Favorites List:"

dispatcher812

Premium Subscriber
You don't see all of them when you click the "Open" button? Or when reading your scanner via the combo box to the right of "Open Favorites List:"

If I click open it asks me to select a list. I don't remember what it did when you are connected to the scanner. My trial ran out.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
You don't have to select a list (thus opening it), if all you are interested is seeing all of the Favorites Lists.

TedRHayes

Try re-installing the Uniden driver. Also make sure the scanner is in serial mode and make sure you select the com/usb port assigned by the driver.

Gommert
Butel Software

Gommert,

I've got good news and good news!

1st, I'd tried your suggestions before I reported the problem in the previous post with out success; so I tried again, only this time I re-installed (actually it was an install "repair") ARC546Pro, re-installed the Uniden Serial Port driver, and I reassigned it to a different port. Not sure what exactly did the trick, but the ARC536Pro VC via the Uniden Serial Port driver (i.e., the USB cable) appears to be working correctly now.

2nd, I took a closer look at the driver for the USB-1 cable I was using to connect to my 436 via the GPS port. I performed an "Update Driver Software" on the Prolific USB-to-Serial Comm Port; I used the "Search automatically.." option and it installed an updated driver from 10/2013. After restart I've been running ARC536Pro VC for several hours with no "Freeze" issues as I previously reported. So I'd say the problems I was seeing were not with ARC536Pro but with the Prolific driver!

It is my guess there was a subtle bug in the Windows 7-64 bit Prolific driver that was fixed in the latest update. I had previously had serial issues when using other ARC software (ARC-XT, ARC396, ARC996) when any USB-to-Serial cable device that was using a Prolific driver on a Windows 7-64 bit machine. I found non-Prolific USB-to-Serial cable adapters that I've been using for the last couple of years and only recently resurrected the Uniden USB-1 to work with the BCD436HP. Hope all my serial problems are gone for good!! (Ha Ha).

Thanks for your efforts,

Ted

Status
Not open for further replies.