butel (for Uniden BCDx36HP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

W0RS

Premium Subscriber
I was one that pre ordered arc536 pro. I am currently using the beta version. I wonder if grommert will mail out the registration numbers soon....

kruser

Premium Subscriber
I was one that pre ordered arc536 pro. I am currently using the beta version. I wonder if grommert will mail out the registration numbers soon....

Yesterday, Gommert said in the main ARC 536/436 software thread that he would be emailing the registration keys for the Pro version this weekend.
He just sent the basic version keys over the last few days.

I've not received any email from him yet with my keys but the weekend is also not over yet. I expect we will see them soon though.

Seymourmtn

Premium Subscriber
Pro Version

Got My Keys 2 Nights ago....but latest download seems to be offline....

I rec'd my registration info a few days as well. Still at Beta 17.

Figured they are a little behind and can't fault them. They have done a great job keeping everyone informed.

TedRHayes

I was able to download the release version of ARC536PRO at the following site:

Uniden BCDx36 HomePatrol Downloads

Was able to enter my registration code which I'd received from Butel earlier in the week. (Note: after entering the codes, give it a little time to complete after pressing OK).

Appears to be working fine in VC mode. Have not tested anything else yet, will do that later.

Ted

randybcd396t

Premium Subscriber
I was able to download the release version of ARC536PRO at the following site:

Uniden BCDx36 HomePatrol Downloads

Was able to enter my registration code which I'd received from Butel earlier in the week. (Note: after entering the codes, give it a little time to complete after pressing OK).

Appears to be working fine in VC mode. Have not tested anything else yet, will do that later.

Ted
I only see the link for the Basic version. There is no link for PRO. Is the Basic link for both?

W0RS

Premium Subscriber
Download Time

I am downloading the arc536pro from the butel website. Once I have it downloaded I will enter the key, but, how long does it take to download, it's been 15 minutes?

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I am downloading the arc536pro from the butel website. Once I have it downloaded I will enter the key, but, how long does it take to download, it's been 15 minutes?

Just got my copy, took 57 seconds here.

W0RS

Premium Subscriber
All ok now, I had one of winzip settings wrong....to anxious to set up I guess!

garys

Premium Subscriber
I bought ARC536 Basic at the pre release price and have been working on duplicating my ARCXT file in preparation for receiving my 436. I finally ordered the 436 today after waiting a bit to see how the reviews were. A big part of that decision was the availability of something other than the tedious Sentinel software.

I think I have this set up to work when the 436 arrives later this week. After I go through the clock set up and firmware and DB updates I plan to load what I've built into the scanner.

Which brings me to my questions for those of you who have used ARC536 to program one of the scanners.

Once I load a FL into the scanner and open Quick Key overview, what will I see? A screen shot would help.

I have to FLs built. One is for my local area and one is for a trip to Indianapolis at the end of April. How can I load both into the scanner?

How do I assign Start Up keys? Can I do that by system, department or FL? Or some combination?

Finally, how do I build a profile? I know it's not like with older versions like ARC XT, but I can't see how to do it.

I know that some software functionality is dependent on being attached to the scanner, but it not completely clear to me what those functions are.

Thanks.

pwscott

Premium Subscriber
Butel Arcx36

A few points inline below:

I bought ARC536 Basic at the pre release price and have been working on duplicating my ARCXT file in preparation for receiving my 436. I finally ordered the 436 today after waiting a bit to see how the reviews were. A big part of that decision was the availability of something other than the tedious Sentinel software.

I think I have this set up to work when the 436 arrives later this week. After I go through the clock set up and firmware and DB updates I plan to load what I've built into the scanner.

Which brings me to my questions for those of you who have used ARC536 to program one of the scanners.

Once I load a FL into the scanner and open Quick Key overview, what will I see? A screen shot would help.

I have to FLs built. One is for my local area and one is for a trip to Indianapolis at the end of April. How can I load both into the scanner?

You need to send each one individually I believe.

How do I assign Start Up keys? Can I do that by system, department or FL? Or some combination?

Finally, how do I build a profile? I know it's not like with older versions like ARC XT, but I can't see how to do it.

I don't believe that is possible. Even the Pro version I am using is pisitioned as a favorites list editor and virtual control...but Sentinel is used to update database, firmware and to edit profiles I think.

I know that some software functionality is dependent on being attached to the scanner, but it not completely clear to me what those functions are.

Thanks.

garys

Premium Subscriber
I've been playing with ARC536 and Sentinel a bit more and have a better idea of how this work. At least I think so.

I have combined all of my favorite lists using the "Add HPD file' function in ARC536. Now it's one large file, although I still have the individual files as well. From looking at Sentinel, once I load them into the scanner, I can then assign FLQKs on a per system basis. I can even, I think, have systems on more than one FL. I can also assign Start Up Keys to systems, which will be another layer of flexibility.

My 436 is waiting for me at home, it was delivered a while ago. I'm going out for a bit tonight, of course, so I'll only get to do a few things today, but I should be able to do more tomorrow.

I'm sure there will be some trial and error, just as there was with the 996T and 996XT scanners and all of the other computer programmable scanners.

garys

Premium Subscriber
I made some progress. After loading my first FL, I have a better idea of how this works. What I had as one long FL with a number of systems covering various northeast states I see that I have to break down into one FL for each state and affiliate each FL with a start up key. At least that's how it appears. So, I'll redo my FL into a number of FLs and see how that works.

ETA: I've loaded a number of different Favorites Lists using ARC536 and have found that no matter how I set the Start Up Configuration Keys, they are all enabled for each one that I've loaded. I've then had to go to Sentinel upload the file, change that, and then reload the FLs back into the computer. Has anyone else had that happen? This is with the Basic version 0.90 Build 1.

Last edited:

Butelsoftware

Database Admin
I can't duplicate the start up key issue, when I select startups in the upload window they show up in the scanner, is it possible you have several favorite files with the same name?

Gommert
Butel Software

Donald Roberts

Premium Subscriber
I understand that the center information option for how info on the scanner screen and in the Butel software is base on 64 bits but the screen is only 32 bits, that is why info is off the screen to the right when you use it.(something like that). Is there a plan in the works so that you will be able to center info on the scanner screen? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.