Butel PRO-160 - uploaded LTR talkgroup tags don't display

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSheirer

Premium Subscriber
When I upload an LTR site frequency set and talkgroups to my PRO-160, the alpha tags that I defined for the talkgroups do not display on the PRO-160, only the talkgroup number shows on the PRO-160 display.

If I manually enter a talkgroup number and alpha tag directly into the scanner, that talkgroup will correctly display the alpha tag.

Any ideas?

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Yep, same problem here. I reported this to Gommert last year, but nothing was resolved in the latest version. It's a pretty annoying bug, I hope he fixes it eventually.

DSheirer

Premium Subscriber
Butel PRO160 - subscript out of range when saving the setup

@Chauffeur6 ... Is this the only support forum that the Butel folks monitor? I looked on their site and couldn't find any support links. Is RR the correct place to post butel support issues, since I purchased their software through RR?

Because ... there's another issue with the Butel Pro160 software ... every time I try to save the frequencies and talkgroups that I've downloaded from my scanner, I get a "subscript out of range" error. In order to modify any of the scan groups in the PRO-160, I have to download each scan group from the radio, modify it, and then immediately upload back to the radio, since I can't save the settings between sessions.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
It really doesn't matter that you purchased the software through RR, you're still a paying customer with a license just like everyone else, and are entitled to support like everyone else.

Try sending Gommert an email at info2007@butel.nl

Also, make sure you're using the latest version of ARC160, which is v1.22 build 1, released earlier this year.

http://www.butel.nl/download/arc160/arc160.zip

I've never had any issues with saving the data. I'm running it on XP, though, not Vista/W7, so I can't speak for how well it runs on a different OS.

DSheirer

Premium Subscriber
Response from Butel

@Chauffeur6 ... my software was a few builds older than the link you posted. I downloaded the latest version and it resolved the "subscript out of range" error that occurred when trying to save the settings.

I also got an email response from Gommert, regarding the talkgroup alpha tag issue. It appears as though you cannot program LTR talkgroups into the PRO-160 using the Butel software.

----Gommert's email response -----
Hi,

This is a firmware issue and can only be fixed by a firmware patch but
since production stopped some time ago it is unlikely that a patch
will be released.

Kind regards,

Gommert Buijsen
Butel Software

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Glad you got the subscript error resolved with the latest version. The latest version also gives you access to the Nationwide frequencies in the RRDB.

Erm, okay he never told me the LTR issue was a "firmware" bug. He is right that there won't be any further firmware updates from RS for that model, it was only produced for about a year and any support for it has long since been abandoned.

What I've done with LTR systems is to enter them in ARC160, upload them to the scanner, then rekey the TGID in the scanner. It's a bit of a hassle, but at least it saves you the time of having to manually key alpha-tags into the scanner. Just key the TGID right over the one that ARC160 uploaded, and that will correct the situation.

Enter TGID over top of existing entry (001001 for example) > ENT/PGM > UP ARROW

Repeat the above until you've gotten through all the TG's

Once you've done that, it's probably a good idea to uncheck those banks in the ARC160 upload so you don't have to repeat it. Adding one or two TG's/alpha tags manually isn't too big a deal going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.