Butel Software Profiles: 396 to 996 Conversion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jngizzi

I just made extensive changes to my Uniden 396 using the Butel software. Is it possible to somehow export the profile from the Butel 396T software and import into the 996T software so that I can subsequently load the scanner with this profile? This will save me the time of re-creating the changes in my 996T version of the software.

I understrand that both radios use different file configurations.

Thanks,

Joe

jngizzi

In ARC996 select File _ Open System and change file type to ARC396 Data Files.

Gommert
www.butelsoftware.com

Gommert,

I'm in the ARC396 where I initially established my systems and profiles. Now, when I try to "save as" the 996T format in the "save as file type" is not listed as an option. This is when I try to do a "save as" for systems and profiles.

I do have the ARC996 and ARC396 pro versions loaded on my PC. I'm not sure if I need to do anything special to get the "save as type" entries to appear in the drop down box.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Joe

jngizzi

ok. Maybe I'm not reading the above correct. Keep in mind my source profile and systems are created in the 396T software.

If I understand you know I should;

1. Start the 996T software
2. Open the profile/systems that I created with the 396T (source systems)
3. Do a Save As in the 996T format
4. Download to 996T Scanner

Did I get it straight this time? Thanks for your help and patience.

Regards,

Joe

captclint

Mentor
Did I get it straight this time?
Yes, you keep your 396 files alone. I don't have ARC996, but you really have nothing to lose by trying exactly what Gommert said. Just File _ Open, System and change file type to ARC396 Data Files, and it should load those into ARC996, and then you can download to 996T. If not, come back and ask for more clarification.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.