Status
Not open for further replies.

MBECKNELL

Premium Subscriber
i would say every one. including the Sheriffs office Jail, Road patrol, Fire, and the townships like mine which is Fairfield. also side not the SO my be getting air card for all Patrol cars

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
Releasing system 12:00 Noon Friday February 6th

At 12:00 Noon on Friday February 6th I will release the system profile on the database here for everyone to access.

Sheriff's Office Corrections are fully on the system now, all those talkgroups are encrypted.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Sheriff's Office Corrections are fully on the system now, all those talkgroups are encrypted.

Woo hoo, there's something worth encrypting....

"Open three west five, one going in"

"Close three west five"

"Open two south, one coming out"

"Close two south"

Yes sirree... secret squirrel stuff there.

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
Woo hoo, there's something worth encrypting....
Yes sirree... secret squirrel stuff there.

I hear ya! There is going to be a lot of encryption on the system,
but that's what we paid for right?

The system is now released to the database. Now, for those who have
premium memberships you will be able to use the various available software
to download the system information.

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
Oxford TRS

I am now seeing new Butler County talkgroups showing up on the Oxford system. Tonight I am seeing tg 10263 BC JAIL RESO active.
It appears the Oxford system has been or is in the process of being tied into the new Butler County system.

n8dhw

Premium Subscriber
I've been monitoring the system off and on this morning in the 3rd shift hours, so far the switch has yet to take place.

I don't believe the switch will happen anytime soon. Some of the larger Fire Depts like Middletown still have not had the mobile radio's installed in the Fire apparatus yet. And most of the COMM Center's haven't had there new consoles installed yet or the fiber optic lines finished yet.

WM8L

Encription

The progress is going slower than expected.
Its going to be a trickle like process.

Mark,

Is there any communications that is not encripted yet. I usually listen several times a day and I have only heard un-encripted communications once.

I am aware that most of the jail communications is encripted and the one time I heard real talk I was driving and by the time I had a chance to check on the ID they were off and never heard any further traffic.

What is supprising I am not hearing any traffic on their old vhf freqs as well.

73's

Terry

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
Mark,

Is there any communications that is not encripted yet. I usually listen several times a day and I have only heard un-encripted communications once.

I am aware that most of the jail communications is encripted and the one time I heard real talk I was driving and by the time I had a chance to check on the ID they were off and never heard any further traffic.

What is supprising I am not hearing any traffic on their old vhf freqs as well.

73's

Terry

Currently the Mutual Aid talkgroups are not encrypted, but not used much either.

All county operations (except corrections) are still using VHF, I heard them on it all day.

Mark

MBECKNELL

Premium Subscriber
just fyi guys City Of Hamilton Fire started there new numbering system today.
stations 21-27 ie truck 10 is now tower 22

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
So what is the projected lie, a.k.a new date the system will be used by all of Butler County?

The latest word is that the lawyers for the county and for the City of Oxford are reviewing the agreements before going any further.
Meanwhile radio installation has slowed to standstill.

wolverine

The latest word is that the lawyers for the county and for the City of Oxford are reviewing the agreements before going any further.
Meanwhile radio installation has slowed to standstill.

If the lawyers are getting involved, is this a bad sign or is this normal considering radio installation is at a standstill?

If radio installation is at a standstill, then the system is not going to be used for LE/FD dispatch any time soon. This really sucks as it's holding me back due too I'm waiting to see how the system does mobile with my Pro-196 before i install it into my car which involves drilling a hole into the roof to mount the Motorola 800 Mhz antenna and mounting the radio inside the vehicle's dash.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.