Status
Not open for further replies.

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
This is the start of a STICKY for the new Butler County P-25 Public Safety System.

This new system is expected to be fully operational on December 31, 2008.

This system has already been created for the rr database and is currently staged.
When activity starts to pick up I will release it for the general membership.

The month of December will see this system start to come together.

All Sites are now up and running and Motorola has optimized the system.
All infrastructure is now in place and ready for performance testing.
The process of changing ownership of the West Chester and Oxford systems is underway.

That will give the 15th and final site. The fiber optic system install to the 9 Com Center is not yet complete, most others are.

Beginning the first week of December Motorola will do system wide digital testing.

n8dhw

Premium Subscriber
They are currently using it to stage the Disptach consoles that will go into the different Dispatch centers once all the fiber optic lines are installed. I've also heard that the SO decided late in the game to move there 911 Center to that building to get out of there crampted quarters at the Havover St jail complex.

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
Testing

Sounds like the preliminary testing is under way. I have been catching
quite a bit of activity on the encrypted talkgroups 60001, 60002, 60003 and 60005 the past few days.

wolverine

I took my PSR 500 with me to Fairfield in Butler County and i can barely pick up a signal, not even strong enough to receive any traffic.

Here's the system frequencies i have, am i missing something:

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
I took my PSR 500 with me to Fairfield in Butler County and i can barely pick up a signal, not even strong enough to receive any traffic.

Here's the system frequencies i have, am i missing something:

Yes, you most certainly are. Those are the old frequencies and no longer valid. This system has already rebanded.

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]852.2875 853.0375 853.0625 853.2875c 853.5375a[/FONT]

http://www.siscom.net/~mmeece/butlercounty.html

wolverine

Yes, you most certainly are. Those are the old frequencies and no longer valid. This system has already rebanded.

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]852.2875 853.0375 853.0625 853.2875c 853.5375a[/FONT]

http://www.siscom.net/~mmeece/butlercounty.html

Thanks, now it's working.

On a side note, a friend of mine who was a police officer in Butler County before moving out of state, advised me that there was talk of making the Butler County TRS fully encrypted. This was the talk when they first strated talkin about going over to digital, i hope this is not the case as i still like to listen to Fairfield PD and Hamilton PD when i'm in the area.

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
The system will not be fully encrypted, but there will be a lot of encryption on it.

All of the dispatch talkgroups will be open, but most of the tactical and car to car
talkgroups will be encrypted. It will be lot like the Cincinnati side of the Hamilton County-Cincinnati system.

MBECKNELL

Premium Subscriber
i also think that the user fire or police will have a choice to encrypt the talk-group. i will know more my cousin works for the sheriffs office he is going to be training people.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
That's the way it should be. Keep dispatch open and encrypt tac/ops..Well done Butler County..

wolverine

That's the way it should be. Keep dispatch open and encrypt tac/ops..Well done Butler County..

I agree, theres nothing wrong with encrypting certain talkgroups for officer safety, however when you encrypt a whole system and prevent the tax payers from listening to a system, there system that they paid for, that's when i have problem.

It's the 31st. so if the system does go fully online, i would expect that will start hearing dispatch traffic during first shift, after roll call or sometime later on this afternoon. I cant hear the system from Clermont county to tell if 3rd shift is using the system.

Last edited:

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
It's the 31st. so if the system does go fully online, i would expect that will start hearing dispatch traffic during first shift, after roll call or sometime later on this afternoon. I cant hear the system from Clermont county to tell if 3rd shift is using the system.

Don't expect the system to go full tonight.
A lot of the training still has to be done and the Oxford and
West Chester systems are not tied in yet. Its going to be more like March now.

MBECKNELL

Premium Subscriber
training is going to start this week. then the next two week will be the same. i think the week of the 18th will be the start of dispatcher training for the county I'm not sure if this will include Hamilton,Fairfield, Middletown , Trenton dispatchers

wolverine

Looks like about the time I'll get my Pro-197 (with my tax return) and have it installed in my vehicle, I'll be able to see how she does on the Butler County system in Fairfield.

I think it will be the same as the Hamilton County system but I hope I'm wrong and it works better.

Status
Not open for further replies.