Butler County Update Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

RstationX

Does anyone have info on how to recieve and program in the correct change to the new change in Butler county Ohio City of Hamilton. I am new and cant get my Pro96 to recieve the channels to the HPD and BCS new system. Any help would be thankful. I can pull up the web based utility on here for BRICS to load along with OARS but it picks everything up but the 2 deptments that I want to listen to. Am I missing something or need to loadsomething else in my scanner? Or is the info unavail right now. Also are my analog scanner paper weights now for listoning to the new changed channels? About a week ago my scanners went quit for hamilton polic and butler county sheriff, I cant find them anywhere.

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
Does anyone have info on how to recieve and program in the correct change to the new change in Butler county Ohio City of Hamilton. I am new and cant get my Pro96 to recieve the channels to the HPD and BCS new system. Any help would be thankful. I can pull up the web based utility on here for BRICS to load along with OARS but it picks everything up but the 2 deptments that I want to listen to. Am I missing something or need to loadsomething else in my scanner? Or is the info unavail right now. Also are my analog scanner paper weights now for listoning to the new changed channels? About a week ago my scanners went quit for hamilton polic and butler county sheriff, I cant find them anywhere.

Are you receiving the control channel at all?
If you are picking up some departments on the system, then you are hearing the system and should be hearing all of them.
make sure all frequencies and the bank itself are programmed as "MO". Analog scanners will be good for quite sometime, depending on what you want to listen to. All public safety agencies in Butler County will eventually be using the BRICS, and thus analog scanners will no be able to monitor them. Public works, aviation among others can still heard on analog scanners. You may want to check out the MONIX Yahoo Group where you can find files already created for the area around Butler County.

RstationX

butler county update

All I recieve is Middletown Trenton and fd. I used win96 and went to the web service and put brics in my scanner but dont hear any traffic for Hamilton or butler county no dispatches at all just a few times those other dept.s will come in. I went to monix but couldnt find any download files. Am I not doing something right or not putting something oin my scanner? It is a pro 96. I am running around 4 analog also that arnt picking up any of butler county or hamilton. Help thanks as I have been listining for years. Sounds like a funeral home in my house now.lol. I do hear the planes coming in for landing at butler county airport.

RstationX

I could sure use a file to load into my pro96 using win 96 to pick p the new hamilton ohio and butler county channels. Im new but I did figure out how to program my scanner using interface cable rr and win96. Imusing a trial win96 also is there a better program to use than that ,so when I subscribe to it I wont regret it? thanks

RstationX

Also on win 96 on the channels page if I use the web service and download BRICS to my scanner what else do I have to do? thats where im stuck at. I use dthe web service here at RadioRefence and put it on my scanner named it BRICS on Bank 8 and I just cant get my Hamilton oHio pd or butler county shreriff. thanks to all

RstationX

Pro96 with Win96 ButlerCounty ,Ohio Help

I have been trying and downloading everything to this pro96 scanner, to pick up butler county Ohio and Hamilton City Ohio. Can this scanner pick up the new system? I have tried to change things around an still cant get it right. If someone is picking them up and have a file for it I would appreciate it. I am new to this and have racked my brains. I am now just wondering if this scanner is broke or just will not pick up the new system. Is there more to do than just put the latest rr file in it or monix file? Please help thanks

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
I have been trying and downloading everything to this pro96 scanner, to pick up butler county Ohio and Hamilton City Ohio. Can this scanner pick up the new system? I have tried to change things around an still cant get it right. If someone is picking them up and have a file for it I would appreciate it. I am new to this and have racked my brains. I am now just wondering if this scanner is broke or just will not pick up the new system. Is there more to do than just put the latest rr file in it or monix file? Please help thanks

I have already answered this on the MONIX Yahooo List, but I will answer here as well. Here is a .p96 for the Butler County Area that contains the current configuration of the new system. Upload it to your Pro-96 and it should work fine for you to hear Hamilton Police and Fire. Please, let us know if it does.

Attachments

• ButlerWarrenMiddletownArea.zip
    24.2 KB · Views: 66

RstationX

pro96 butler county

thank you once again. Im going to try it again and se if it does any difference. Im new and sorry about the thread. I will reply here if it doesnt pick up hpd and butler county. thanks

RstationX

852.68750 says 100 ...D+-DG says BRICS at bottom there is no plus sign under bank 1,2, but there is a plus under bank 9. comes in garbled up.Im scanning up. I still have no HPD or BCSD. Is there something else I have to do to this scanner? I just had a 852. come in garbled up I think it is fairfield, it says FF LE MAIN. I get alot of covington airport Im scanning bank 1,2,9, on the file. Any help would be appreciated.

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
852.68750 says 100 ...D+-DG says BRICS at bottom there is no plus sign under bank 1,2, but there is a plus under bank 9. comes in garbled up.Im scanning up. I still have no HPD or BCSD. Is there something else I have to do to this scanner? I just had a 852. come in garbled up I think it is fairfield, it says FF LE MAIN. I get alot of covington airport Im scanning bank 1,2,9, on the file. Any help would be appreciated.

You just want to scan Banks 1 and 5, turn off all the rest.
Obviously the Pro-96 is tracking the system properly. Hamilton
is in there. Perhaps they are just not that busy. As for the digital audio breakup, just about your only solution is to erect an outside Yagi antenna
pointed at the nearest tower, or experiment with your scanner to find the best spot in your residence for clear reception.

Swipesy

Mark -

Just as a suggestion. One of the confusing things to a new user and one using a Pro-96 would be that they do not know that a Custom Table with a base frequency and a custom step is needed for the Pro-96 to work properly. When the Cuyahoga County Parma system went to a P-25 system, a forum member posted the Custom Table on RR site to assist Pro-96 users in setting up their scanner. Perhaps your custom table for your posted .p96 file could be posted on the Butler sight.

John

RstationX

pro96 butler county

The custem is table is probaly what I need help with. I cant figure that out. I am still not recieving the channels I need ,and also I am in the right off rt4 in hamilton so reception should be ok. If anyone has a file for the cutem table please feel free to let me know. thanks

RstationX

thank you swipesy Mark for letting me know this may be the problem. Now I geuss the problem would be is to get the custem table file for butler county?

RstationX

Done everything made sure custem table was right, but cant get hamilton PD or BCSD to come in. It shows up and sometimes sounds garbled and sqeeky, cant make it out.

RstationX

Im just wondering if this scanner is not right. It should be decoding the voice,but it isn't.

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
Custom Frequency Table

Mark -

Just as a suggestion. One of the confusing things to a new user and one using a Pro-96 would be that they do not know that a Custom Table with a base frequency and a custom step is needed for the Pro-96 to work properly. When the Cuyahoga County Parma system went to a P-25 system, a forum member posted the Custom Table on RR site to assist Pro-96 users in setting up their scanner. Perhaps your custom table for your posted .p96 file could be posted on the Butler sight.

John

Excellent suggestion John. With additional information I have received
a Custom Frequency Table has been added to the listing.

Butler Regional Interoperable Communications System (BRICS) Trunking System, Hamilton, Ohio - Scanner Frequencies

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
Done everything made sure custem table was right, but cant get hamilton PD or BCSD to come in. It shows up and sometimes sounds garbled and sqeeky, cant make it out.

What you are experiencing is Simulcast Digital Distortion which unfortunately is something that is hard to overcome. You can read about it here.

First off make sure your firmware is up to date. This can be checked when you turn the radio off and then back on and you see the welcome screen.
then pressing the "3" key. The current Pro-96 firmware is DSP upgrade patch version U1.4 issued 02-20-2007

You can find the latest DSP firmware on the Radio Shack web site here http://www.radioshack.com/graphics/uc/rsk/Support/SoftwareDownload/2000526_UPG_14.exe
Trying turning on your attenuator (ATT button) and see if that helps. If not, unless you go with my earlier suggestion of an outdoor Yagi antenna
it is something that we just have to live with. That said, the new generation of GRE digital scanners (PSR-500/600, Pro-106/197)
work better with BRICS.

Status
Not open for further replies.