butler county

Status
Not open for further replies.

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
West Chester frequencies have finally been approved by the FCC. Now it just depends on when all of the users of the West Chester system which are; West Chester Police, Fire and Maintenance will siwtch over.. Once they are all on BRICS then the system would be shut off. Since Monroe wasn't the primary user of the system it makes since for them to be first to switch.

MBECKNELL

Premium Subscriber
HEY GUYS:
monroe police and fire
middletown police and fire
westchester police and fire

have switched to the 800 brics system.

i think they only city left would be trenton does any one know when they are going to switch

RstationX

I know city of Hamilton is on it ,but can anyone explain why all the sudden oxford and all come in clear but city of hamilton comes garbled? Im using pro 96 and hearing same on pro 197. thanks I also have yagi hooked up. My pro 96 barley shows signal pro 97 shows full bars with no antenna. thanks

RstationX

pro 97

Does anyone know if the Pro 97 handheld is capable of picking up the city of hamilton,oh police and butler county sheriff ? A friend of mine says his is working and has it for sale. Another friend took his Pro 197 back to rad shack because the police or sheriff never did come on it after radio shack programmed it. My pro 96 picks it up when attached to a strong antenna, signal is very very weak on it, I have a yagi hooked up to it.

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
Does anyone know if the Pro 97 handheld is capable of picking up the city of hamilton,oh police and butler county sheriff ? A friend of mine says his is working and has it for sale. Another friend took his Pro 197 back to rad shack because the police or sheriff never did come on it after radio shack programmed it. My pro 96 picks it up when attached to a strong antenna, signal is very very weak on it, I have a yagi hooked up to it.

Your question was answered on the MONIX group list, but for the benefit of everyone here. The Pro-97 is an older analog scanner that cannot receive digital, the Pro-197 is Radio shack's current digital mobile/desktop scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.