Button clip instead of spring clip On FT-60R

Status
Not open for further replies.

N8IAA

Has anyone attatched a button clip onto the 60 (like the one on the VX170)? If so, do you have any pics of it? I am thinking about purchasing another(sold the first one) and would like to have the button option.
TIA,
Larry

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I've not, but how is the stock clip? I hate that silly button on the VX170, etc because while it is sturdy, the goofy belt clip for it won't hold onto any manly belts at all.

Make a metal clip that will attach to a 1.5" double think gunbelt, or a 2" duty belt and I'd gladly pay for that.

N8IAA

Make a metal clip that will attach to a 1.5" double think gunbelt, or a 2" duty belt and I'd gladly pay for that.
I have never liked the plastic clips they put on amatuer radios. Had a VX1 that Yaesu replaced the cheep plastic clip for me. I love metal belt clips. I have an Alinco DJ-X10 that has an outstanding metal belt clip. Had the G5, same setup, IC W32, again metal. The belt clip on my 170 doesn't want to come off of my belt. Motorola type clips need to be on motherola radios. If I want my radio to be real secure, it goes into a leather holster on a hefty leather over the belt clip. I was just wondering because I am thinking of getting another 60 and that worthless clip on the radio doesn't work with any of my a/c vent holders.
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.