BUY a new scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
iam just ask a ? do i need to download DMR AND NXDN SOFTWEAR TO MY UNIDEN BCD325P2
If you wanted to monitor DMR or NXDN systems, there is no specific software to enable that ability. You can purchase the upgrade keys directly from Uniden (if you have not already).

For programming via software, you would need either ProScan or ARC-XT. I prefer ProScan. FreeSCAN does not support programming DMR correctly, and no support at all for NXDN.

None of the public safety agencies in Van Zandt counties use DMR or NXDN. Wood County Electric Co-Op is DMR, and there may be other users that are not in the database, probably business users. No listed NXDN users.

For Smith County, a couple of the school districts, as well as the Smith County jail, show as using DMR. Christus-Mother Francis hospital, Univ. of Texas-Tyler, & Wood County Electric show as using DMR, plus there are some business systems using that mode. Likely more are using DMR, but have not been submitted to the database. There is one NXDN trunked system (again, business related), and probably a few more users.

Eventually, the railroad companies will move to NDN, but that is some time in the future.

The question is do any of those interest you? If not, skip the DMR & NXDN upgrades.

headlinemen52

Premium Subscriber
If you wanted to monitor DMR or NXDN systems, there is no specific software to enable that ability. You can purchase the upgrade keys directly from Uniden (if you have not already).

For programming via software, you would need either ProScan or ARC-XT. I prefer ProScan. FreeSCAN does not support programming DMR correctly, and no support at all for NXDN.

None of the public safety agencies in Van Zandt counties use DMR or NXDN. Wood County Electric Co-Op is DMR, and there may be other users that are not in the database, probably business users. No listed NXDN users.

For Smith County, a couple of the school districts, as well as the Smith County jail, show as using DMR. Christus-Mother Francis hospital, Univ. of Texas-Tyler, & Wood County Electric show as using DMR, plus there are some business systems using that mode. Likely more are using DMR, but have not been submitted to the database. There is one NXDN trunked system (again, business related), and probably a few more users.

Eventually, the railroad companies will move to NDN, but that is some time in the future.

The question is do any of those interest you? If not, skip the DMR & NXDN upgrades.
Thanks

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Since the OP has started a new thread to talk about programming his Uniden BCD 325PS, let's continue the discussion there.

Status
Not open for further replies.