• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

buy a radio, get a cop or FF with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RFI-EMI-GUY

Makes me feel like my county got railroaded for a 5 site 6 console Phase 1 system with less than 300 subscribers for $11.5 million.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey, they got the "be$t"!

That is such a tiny amount of subscribers. They probably could have gone with UHF DMR for about $2million.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

clbsquared

Hey, they got the "be$t"!

That is such a tiny amount of subscribers. They probably could have gone with UHF DMR for about $2million.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

All in the name of interoperability. We could have stayed VHF and bought APX7000 to have interop for the price they paid for the APX4000’s.

ffexpCP

wizard of odd
Database Admin
So glad to see intelligent comments, not just wild speculation with no basis whatsoever.

ffexpCP

wizard of odd
Database Admin
The county has a population of well over a million.

I have close to 200 radios alone and 5 consoles on the existing system for one agency. There’s around 20 psaps on the current system.

The comment of 300 users clearly is coming out of someone’s ass.

It’s going to be a 31 site simulcast. The reason for phase 2 is making best use of available spectrum.

clbsquared

The county has a population of well over a million.

I have close to 200 radios alone and 5 consoles on the existing system for one agency. There’s around 20 psaps on the current system.

The comment of 300 users clearly is coming out of someone’s ass.

It’s going to be a 31 site simulcast. The reason for phase 2 is making best use of available spectrum.

What are you talking about? Do you not understand what I said? The 300 user comment was in reference to MY county’s system. Which is nowhere near Michigan. And my point is this. My county spent a 1/4 of the cost of the proposed system in Michigan. And we got bare bones minimum with less than 300 subscribers. I would say Oakland County, Michigan is getting a hell of a deal at $42 million.

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
I mean...RF Technology and EF Johsnon's Atlas (for however much longer Kenwood chooses to sell it) will let you stand up a Phase 1 or Phase 2 site for around $29,000 per controller (two typically in Public Safety application), between $8,000 and $15,000 per repeater and $15,000 to $20,000 for the site antenna system.

Anyway, just because a system is Phase 2 capable doesn't mean that it actually benefits any from Phase 2 operation. For example, most P25 systems are limited to only support up to 29 simultaneous voice paths or less...and the control channel is only capable of signalling 36 groups during active calls. Some Phase 1 systems with over 25 channels at a site won't ever benefit from Phase 2 unless one day they potentially need to sell spectrum and downsize sites.

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
Project25_Mstr said - "I mean...RF Technology and EF Johsnon's Atlas (for however much longer Kenwood chooses to sell it) will let you stand up a Phase 1 or Phase 2 site for around $29,000 per controller (two typically in Public Safety application), between $8,000 and $15,000 per repeater and $15,000 to $20,000 for the site antenna system. "

So 1 site with 2 repeaters would cost a max of $110K (60 + 30 + 20) - right?

How many conversations could the 2 repeaters handle at the same time? 3 or 4 with P25 Phase 2?

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
Single site, dual repeaters and dual controllers...about $75,000 if you are going for full redundancy and expansion for another two channels but that's a guesstemate for tower services as well. If you shop around you can go in on a budget for about $45,000 if you know where to find equipment for Phase 2. You only get two talk paths in Phase 2 (one channel for control and one with two timeslots for voice) unless you had an Atlas or Etherstack system which has the ability to knock the control channel down to a Phase 1 voice channel temporarily (fine for 3 talkgroups but all others will go Out of Range when the control channel knocks down). RF Technology has stated they would add the feature if it came as a feature request from a current customer.

Status
Not open for further replies.