Buyers Beware - Robert Dobbelaere for anything he lists for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

swcscott

Premium Subscriber
Wanted to put out a buyer beware on Robert Dobbelaere e-mail the thesilentguardian1@gmail.com. Paid for a SDS200 scanner and have not received the scanner or received a tracking number. Robert will not respond to private messages or e-mails. Having to go through my bank to try and get my money back. Avoid him or anything he lists on this site for sale.

swcscott

Premium Subscriber
Yes it is RobDobbs. Scanner was paid for on 5/26/21 from the classified section of this site. Nothing was ever received and he does not answer any messages.

marlin39a

Premium Subscriber
I was thinking of buying that scanner. Very few postings, no pictures. It didn’t feel right to me. I hope you get through this, and find justice.

12dbsinad

Maybe it's just me, but it seems every scam on craigslist, FB marketplace, here, etc always use @gmail.com.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
Maybe it's just me, but it seems every scam on craigslist, FB marketplace, here, etc always use @gmail.com.
That's one of my red flags when it comes to buying online. I'm sure most of GMaill's users are legit but like you said.........

bryank104

Premium Subscriber
i’m sorry you were scammed. i had contacted him to buy that scanner. but i didn’t reply immediately to him so he most have sold it to you. i’m glad i didn’t answer him. end up buy a sds200 on ebay. got it in two days

swcscott

Premium Subscriber
Definitely will be more careful buying anything on this site again. First time I have had any issues.

Xray

I think it should be mandatory to list a phone number in any sales ad, not that that would eliminate all scams but would sure help reduce them.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I think it should be mandatory to list a phone number in any sales ad, not that that would eliminate all scams but would sure help reduce them.

Even if it wasn't publicly posted it would be available should there be a problem. Good idea!

Hit_Factor

Just get ready for the calls from Rachel at Card Services or Vehicle Warranty calls!

Maybe require a photo that includes the device for sale along with your name and phone number. That way bots can't crawl the phone number and start the telemarketing spam.

timhir25

Premium Subscriber
swcscott, I also hope you either get the scanner or your money back. I can't stand people who who scam and
cheat people.
One other thing, he might not get Rachel at Card Services or the warranty calls because she's to busy calling
me about 20 times a week.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
The cost notwithstanding, PayPal is great. They handle claims promptly and it limits the number businesses that have access to your credit card numbers. The account information is available with just a few clicks. I almost always use it if it's available.

swcscott

Premium Subscriber
Follow up. My bank was able to recover the money I paid to Rob Dobbs. Lesson learned never use Paypals so called Friends & Family option to pay for anything. Paypal will not provide any assistance if that payment type is used. Beware of anything Rob Dobbs list for sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.