Buyers Beware

Status
Not open for further replies.

OCO

Maximum for a Class A misdemeanor in Texas is $4000 and or 1 year in jail.. Unless this guy actually has been nailed on some of the other antics he's pulled (he's all over the 'net, apparently since about 2006) he'll probably get off with a slap on the wrist and an order to make the OP whole. The down side here is that he's learned his game well and since he's practiced at hiding behind aliases, this probably isn't the last you'll hear of him, possibly even on RR (another credit card, another email account, an anonymous IP address). Not to rain on the happy dance and not to sound too cynical, but this'll probably just be a speed bump for him. Let's hope there's more people willing to follow through like the OP (and Lindsay) so that the rap sheet starts getting longer..

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
People complained when we went to the premium members only classified system...

THIS is the reason why!

ipfd320

Banned
according to the search he got out yesterday on 2500.00 dollars bail and charged with a class A MISDERMENOR---and the dimwitt has a lawyer too

robertpearsall

Premium Subscriber
For all who are following this we are into week 3 and have not heard anything about the case looks like this is going to be along dragged out thing.Thought I would have got something stating they have my radios or something.

KC4RAF

Davenport,Fl.- home to me and the gators and the s
I'm on your side, but the facts are

the judicial system is worse than snail mail. Veeerrrrrrryyy sssllllloooww. Hopefully the sob will get a few years in the joint, and become a fine upstanding girlfriend to one of the macho men in there. ;-)

Last edited:

reedeb

For all who are following this we are into week 3 and have not heard anything about the case looks like this is going to be along dragged out thing.Thought I would have got something stating they have my radios or something.

The system has a few things going on. Attornies can ask for continuences [working on more info and need more time] ALSO Dallas county courts are experianceing backlogs on cases [They had one on the news that a vehicular manslaughter case has been going on for a few yrs now] So you may have to sit it out and wait for a few months [or maybe longer] The Police may have posession of your property, BUT as it is evidence you won't get it back till after the trial is done with. I know, it's lousy but that's the way it works.

rwier

The system has a few things going on. Attornies can ask for continuences [working on more info and need more time] ALSO Dallas county courts are experianceing backlogs on cases [They had one on the news that a vehicular manslaughter case has been going on for a few yrs now] So you may have to sit it out and wait for a few months [or maybe longer] The Police may have posession of your property, BUT as it is evidence you won't get it back till after the trial is done with. I know, it's lousy but that's the way it works.

U.S. prisons have only room for the most vile of criminals (exceptions made, of course, for any poor minority having a little dope in his pocket). A result in a case like this can only be predicted to appear unsatisfactory to the victim/s and other good people.

robertpearsall

Premium Subscriber
I have not heard anything have call court and been told he is not on court calendar emailed detective that handled case he never got back to me so its just the waiting game.The Carroll that gets out sunday is the wrong one we are talking about Timothy Carroll

slickchannels

Premium Subscriber
This guy has been around for what seems like forever. He used to portray himself as a wannabe news videographer with a perpetual "down on my luck" schtick. He begged for scanners, computers, video equipment, ham gear, cars and on and on. We followed him with interest because because he was like a cartoon character and had absolutely no shame.

Nice teamwork on bringing the guy down. Hope you get restitution of some sort.

kf4uuz

This is the same guy who sent me the bogus PayPal email stating, "OK to ship."
My FT-60 would have been sent out right then, except it was Columbus Day. The post offices were closed.
Forty five minutes later, I received a legit email from PayPal stating, "Unverified. Do not ship. Transaction is under review."
The only thing that prevented me from losing my radio to him was the fact that the post offices were closed.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

robertpearsall

Premium Subscriber
I have no updates have not heard from courts or detective the handled I am going to call detective tomorrow once I get update I will post

robertpearsall

Premium Subscriber
Buyer Beware Update

Here is a update for all who have been following this Dallas Police tried getting other people that were scammed by Tim to press charges but no one wanted to follow thru I guess its the fact that everyone he scammed was from to far and to pay airfare was not worth it to them so no charges were filed.On Thursday 9/13 my scanners were released and are going to be shipped back.I thank everyone once again that helped to get my items back I just wish we could have put a stop to Tim for good but maybe after this he will think twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.