Buyers beware

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertpearsall

Premium Subscriber
All beware K2LXA as scammed me out of a Unication G5 he had 2 radios up for trade received my g5. Once he did he stopped answering text and facebook messages.

robertpearsall

Premium Subscriber
Yes sent private message from RR sent text message and facebook messager.All was good up till Sunday then he stopped messing me back.

robertpearsall

Premium Subscriber
I got all the contact info he has not responded my next step is to fill out a police report I tried to avoid going that route but he has left me no other option. Just need to find what Police Dept. covers that area since his profile says he is a dispatcher in Centerville TN.

dlwtrunked

Premium Subscriber
I do not want to defend him but I personally think you are are asking for a faster response than I would expect. I know some people do not check the web/email every day (I do not when traveling). Sometimes things happen like computer problems etc. I would have given him more time.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Yes sent private message from RR sent text message and facebook messager.All was good up till Sunday then he stopped messing me back.
Sorry to hear that.
Hopefully things will work out. He's been a member here for several years.
I tend to agree with @dlwtrunked that this may just need more time.
Something could have happened in his life like a family emergency that took him away from being able to contact you.

Either way, I wish you good luck and hopefully it's just something simple.

ladn

Explorer of the Frequency Spectrum
Premium Subscriber
Southern California and sometimes Owens Valley
I got all the contact info he has not responded my next step is to fill out a police report I tried to avoid going that route but he has left me no other option. Just need to find what Police Dept. covers that area since his profile says he is a dispatcher in Centerville TN.
You might try to find out who he works for, then contact either the agency's HR department or his supervisor. If it's a public safety agency, they'll likely take a dim view of this, even if it's an outside of work event.

K4EET

Chaplain
Also in K2LXA’s defense, I was talking to someone here on Radio Reference some years ago and dropped off the radar all of the sudden. I surfaced about 5 or 6 weeks later as I had suffered a stroke and was in serious condition in the hospital for a few days and got shipped off to a rehab facility when I got better. Anything is possible…

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
3-4 days? If he is a dispatcher, cut him some slack. Long shifts can wear people out. Broken laptop, health issues, family emergencies.
I've dropped off the net for that long many times.

Give him a few more days (and a bit of grace).

Contacting his employer this early is WAY out of line. Dragging personal life into work isn't appropriate. No need to escalate to the nuclear options after 3 days.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
You might try to find out who he works for, then contact either the agency's HR department or his supervisor. If it's a public safety agency, they'll likely take a dim view of this, even if it's an outside of work event.

Are you serious? Possibly ruin the man's career when you don't even know the facts? :rolleyes:

Paco-Jerte

You Member, Member!
So let me get this straight from what I've read here so far ...

OP sends his G5 to K2LXA as part of the trade and as soon as K2LXA receives the G5 goes missing?

OP said K2LXA stopped all communications on Sunday August 21 but K2LXA logs into RR ( Last seen Monday at 7:04 PM ) which is August 22nd and no contact. Hmmm

OK.

dlwtrunked

Premium Subscriber
Are you serious? Possibly ruin the man's career when you don't even know the facts? :rolleyes:

Indeed, and doing so could invite the other side to sue if his career is hurt. Though not exactly applicable, one might read this link as to how a judge might think

scanfreqer

Scanfreqer
Premium Subscriber
I would like to buy some stuff from the classified but I'm afraid of the same thing.Send money and receive nothing.It could be a emergency or family related but i'm sure given time it will all come around.Will try to follow link to see the results.

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber
Add in shipping from some areas seems slower than molasses while others stuff going in is fast. Just what I've noticed.

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber
Typically normal turn around these days is week or two weeks between life and mail carrier issues. Anything less is bonus but norm is 2 weeks i believe. If he trades or sells he may make 1 a week trip over every day going to mail carriers.

robertpearsall

Premium Subscriber
No deal has not been completed he just keeps saying he will mail. If I don't have tracking info by friday I will be going the authorities.I have already spoke to local about my rights and have all text message from him and tracking number showing when package was delivered I sent out .I was really hoping I did not have to go this route but I have on choice

Status
Not open for further replies.