Buying a 996XT - Looking for suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikemey

Premium Subscriber
Hello all...

Since I have found some disposable cash (Kudos to birthday money!) I am going to retire my 895XLT and buy a 996XT. The scanner will be used mainly in my home.

I live in Chester County, PA. I realize that I won't be able to easily monitor PD. That said, I'm looking for suggestions as to what would be good to listen to. For example, will I be able to pick up Philly FD from where I'm at (Near Avondale), and other ideas. Chester County Fire is a given, of course. :)

Yes, I intend on buying the programming cable and getting the free software to program the scanner. Why struggle?

Any help and suggestions are appreciated.

trap5858

Premium Subscriber
It is not likely that you will be able to pick up the Philly TRS for either police or fire.

Check the RR data base and see if there are conventional repeaters rebroadcasting some of the Chester County stuff.

Medical Helicopters are conventional, the railroads are still conventional, air band, also take a look at Delaware since you are not too far from there. You might also pick up some Montgomery County stuff.

Good luck and enjoy, half the fun of this sport is just seeing what is out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.