Buying a BCD325P2 soon

Aidan603

Hello, I am planning on purchasing a BCD325P in the near future. I want it to specifically listen to my local PD. The frequency is 154.7175. It’s a P25 conventional frequency. Unencrypted. It would be greatly appreciated if someone could give me a step by step tutorial on how to program it directly from the scanner itself, not using and software. I already have 3 Uniden analog scanners that I’m good at programming so I understand the basics. Thank you.

morrisr3nd

Just kind of taking it all in
Premium Subscriber
Refer to the "Manually Programming Channel Frequencies/TGIDs" instructions in the easier to read manual linked here. Might want to bookmark it should future questions arise
Or you can print it to a PDF and be able to use it offline. All of the links will still work.

If funds are not a major issue I recommend using Proscan to program you scanner. It has a 30 day fully functional free trial.

If funds are an issue, Freescan is also available to program your scanner.

Last edited:

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Hello, I am planning on purchasing a BCD325P in the near future. I want it to specifically listen to my local PD. The frequency is 154.7175. It’s a P25 conventional frequency. Unencrypted. It would be greatly appreciated if someone could give me a step by step tutorial on how to program it directly from the scanner itself, not using and software. I already have 3 Uniden analog scanners that I’m good at programming so I understand the basics. Thank you.

morrisr3nd

Just kind of taking it all in
Premium Subscriber
Depends if you have more than one frequency on the trunk site. You will usually have at least a control channel and a voice channel. Usually.

Aidan603

Depends if you have more than one frequency on the trunk site. You will usually have at least a control channel and a voice channel. Usually.
How do I figure out if there’s more than one frequency on the trunk site?

Aidan603

What about for this frequency? It’s in Boston so I’m assuming it’s a standard trunk. And what two frequencies would I need to program for the control channel and the voice channel?