Buying a new AOR-AR-DV1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boas

Hello all,

What is your opinion? Is it still worth buying a new AOR-AR-DV1?

After all, the DV1 is already 6 years old.

Thanks for your answers and 73

Boas

G8PTN

Hi Boas,

The AR-DV1 is a good general-purpose base receiver and because it supports most of the popular digital modes it is a reasonable choice. The DV1 is quite slow when it comes to scanning, but still acceptable. There are several good remote solutions around, with a good community of users.

The only worry is the USB interface failures reported over the last year or so, the cause of which does not appear to have been established yet.

There are occasionally good buys on the second market, but a new purchase is still worthwhile in my opinion.

If you are looking for a modern base receiver with lots of built-in features such as spectrum scope and wider frequency coverage, the ICOM IC-R8600 would also be worth consideration. This does not support all the digital modes such as DMR, but this is possible using PC software via the USB I/Q interface.

Regards,
Dave

palmerjrusa

Hello all,

What is your opinion? Is it still worth buying a new AOR-AR-DV1?

After all, the DV1 is already 6 years old.

Thanks for your answers and 73

Boas

Ordered one a few days ago and awaiting its delivery, so for me the answer is yes.
For what it does at that price point there aren't any other choices out there.

Do I "need" another radio?

Stupid question😁

hotmill57

I bought the DV1 4 years ago in Akihabara. From the moment I got it, I felt how nice it was to have the radio. Especially when I go to Jakarta, the nation's capital, I can listen to a lot of digital transmissions such as P25, dmr, nxdn, d star and even tetra. One thing I haven't done is paying for an upgrade so I can join tetra trunking.........
I will not sell this radio. To follow analog and P 25 digital trunking, I simply rely on 369T from Uniden.

So if you want to buy this radio, it's still worth the price compared to similar receivers

Boas

Hello everyone,

one more question ... Which antenna for VHF / UHF did you connect to the DV1?

73 Boas

hotmill57

Hello everyone,

one more question ... Which antenna for VHF / UHF did you connect to the DV1?

73 Boas
At home I use a diamond x 5000 antenna with a height of 10 meters from the ground. Meanwhile, when traveling, it is enough to use the built-in telescopic antenna

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.