Buying a RadioShack Scanner from ScannerMaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

ford8nlover

I have a question about buying a scanner from scannermaster.com. If something should happen to the scanner within the 12 month warranty could I return it to a radioshack store or do I return it to scannermaster?

Thanks for you responses!

Junior08

Premium Subscriber
I would contact Scannermaster directly, they should give you the correct answer. They are very reputable.

puzzleriddle

You would take to RS & they would send for repair out in TX. ALL NEW Scanners from Scannermaster as well as most other distributors will come with a 1 year parts & labor warranty RS will try & sell ya an extended 1 or 2 year as well.

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
You would take to RS & they would send for repair out in TX. ALL NEW Scanners from Scannermaster as well as most other distributors will come with a 1 year parts & labor warranty RS will try & sell ya an extended 1 or 2 year as well.

WRONG: In order for a Radio Shack store to send any item for warranty repair, we have to have access to the ORIGINAL sales information in the Radio Shack POS. If you purchase the item at Scannermaster, you will NOT have a traceable transaction in the Radio Shack system to link the warranty repair to.

VE2XWA

Radio Shack scanner from Scanner Master

Living in Canada i order my Radio Shack scanner from Scanner Master. They always come with a "gift" receipt from Radio Shack stapled to the Scanner Master receipt.

Dan

JohnD25

Premium Subscriber
If you have an Radio Shack receipt, with the 1 year manufacture warranty, then they'll ship it out for repair. I used to be an Asst. Manager at Radio Shack for 2 years, fortunately we didn't have a good amount of scanners returning for repair.

Radio Shack does have a program to automatically download the frequencies that you need, free of charge as well.

puzzleriddle

WRONG: In order for a Radio Shack store to send any item for warranty repair, we have to have access to the ORIGINAL sales information in the Radio Shack POS. If you purchase the item at Scannermaster, you will NOT have a traceable transaction in the Radio Shack system to link the warranty repair to.

I was talking about along with the original receipt from Place of purchase? I guess I learned something new today.
THANKS!!! Doug

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.