Buying a scanner for York county

Status
Not open for further replies.

Djm803

I am wanting to purchase a handheld scanner to monitor York county sheriff as well as the fire departments and municipal police departments. I live within York county so range should not be an issue. I was hoping someone could give me some good suggestions on what type of scanner I need to look for and if anyone has any recommendations. I'm fairly new to this and hope to find one that is somewhat easy to use and program. Thanks in advance!

WINNSBORO1

i am wanting to purchase a handheld scanner to monitor york county sheriff as well as the fire departments and municipal police departments. I live within york county so range should not be an issue. I was hoping someone could give me some good suggestions on what type of scanner i need to look for and if anyone has any recommendations. I'm fairly new to this and hope to find one that is somewhat easy to use and program. Thanks in advance!
i still have the uniden bcd 996xt scanner fully programmed that i messaged you about the other day if interested. Pls advise.

garys

Premium Subscriber
The Uniden 325P2 should work quite well for you. Unless you want a lot of bells and whistles, then the 436HP will be fine.

When I'm down in the area visiting my son, York County reception is pretty good in Lancaster County.

qball

Premium Subscriber
The best scanner that I have heard on the YC system is the Uniden BCD536HP. I have two of them and they work much better than my BCD396T and BCD996T. It decodes even though there is a significant amount of simulcast overlap. Programming was easy too.

Status
Not open for further replies.