Buying music vs. downloading music

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arizona_Scanner

Premium Subscriber
I feel the music industry should be allowed to put a (fair) surcharge on internet providers, and call it a day.

There are too many things that just cannot be found through "legitimate" services.

Put one tax in place like a freeway / highway tax, and everyone pays for it, period. This way you can go get what you get, and everyone gets paid. Otherwise, many, MANY people, will download it and pay nothing. Period, end of story, and nothing will stop it.

Of course they would never allow this, as it would mean an official end to the golden years when they made insane money for selling a lousy product. And let's face it, most music today isn't worth a penny. The old stuff is, but it's not always available on the "legit" services.

brandon

Database Admin
Since many of those in the entertainment industry believe heavily in "distributing the wealth", it's only fair that I download their stuff for free. :)

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I'll take the fifth (preferably in a bottle) so I'll put it to you this way. Ever since the early days of 78rpm records in a real album folder the music industry has squirreled away one or two great songs in an otherwise crappy album so you have to buy a box of rocks for a couple of gold nuggets. Now that you can download you have the ability to pick and choose what you like and with FLAC you don't have to put up with the lossy compression of .mp3 files. Now, which would you do?

For the sake of the cop-outs legal sites offer downloads on the cheap so don't for a New York minute think I'm advocating breaking the law. (;->)

Status
Not open for further replies.