BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Buying New Uniden Scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

wmac75

Premium Subscriber
If You Buy New BCD436HP Does it have to be send Back to Uniden for Repair for Battery or Clock Error I Have Read on Here About and how would I know if I Have to? Or Would a BCD325P2 Be Better Scanner For Upstate SC ?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
If You Buy New BCD436HP Does it have to be send Back to Uniden for Repair for Battery or Clock Error I Have Read on Here About and how would I know if I Have to? Or Would a BCD325P2 Be Better Scanner For Upstate SC ?
There's no way to know that in advance. Newer production models should already have those "fixes" in place (the battery/clock error issue). However, it's always possible that whoever you buy from has stock that has been on the shelf for awhile. Unless you actually see a problem with your new scanner, I would not worry about sending it in, unless or until it exhibits a problem.

The 32P2 is also a good scanner. I have it as well as two 436HP's. Either model would be able to monitor the systems in your area. However, the 436HP has features the 325P2 does not. The onboard database, recording capability are just a few. If you travel much, and take your scanner with you, then the 436HP, with the database in the scanner, and a GPS would keep you update to date along your path. Both scanners can be updated for DMR, if any of those systems interest you.

Status
Not open for further replies.