Buying Refurbished from Durham Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tornade

The key doesn't have to pass trough the custom so, only the exchange rate, and maybe sales taxes... I'm interested in dmr only since provoice is almost inexistent in my area... Last year police in my town was on provoice but they switch encrypted on p25...

Sent from my N910W8 with tapatalk

jwt873

Premium Subscriber
On Durham Radio.. I've never bought used, but I have purchased a LOT of new stuff from them over the years. (Just got a Kenwood TH-D74 a couple of months ago).

If I was buying used, I'd check to see if there was any warranty on their used stuff.

Apart from that, I find them a reputable outfit. They've been around a long time. I think if you had problems they wouldn't hang you out to dry.

Tornade

I don't think durham sell used stuff. My question was about refurbished. The BCD436HP on their website comes directly from uniden in a brown box and a 30 days warranty. They may have minor cosmetic wear but they are tested to be fully functionnal

bigcam406

Ive dealt with Durham Radio for years also. They do sell used scanners when available.The OP got a good deal IMO. Hope it works well for him.

jwt873

Premium Subscriber
I don't think durham sell used stuff. My question was about refurbished. The BCD436HP on their website comes directly from uniden in a brown box and a 30 days warranty. They may have minor cosmetic wear but they are tested to be fully functionnal

The do sell used gear (trade-ins etc). There is a page on their site for it.

For some reason I always think used when I see refurbished and use the terms interchangeably. I have purchased refurbished items, but not from Durham.

I just took a look at the Durham page and it seems like a good deal. If the radio lasts 30 days, it's pretty well going to last forever. And, if it wasn't refurbished right, you can send it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.