Buying Refurbished from Durham Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tornade

I saw durham radio sells refurbished BCD436HP at $549 and also Fleetwood digital products at $499. What you guys think about uniden refurbished products? Someone ever bought some refurbished scanner from them?

Sent from my N910W8 with tapatalk

GaRebel

Premium Subscriber
You can get a brand new 436 from Scanner Masters for $489!

mciupa

Database Admin
You can get a brand new 436 from Scanner Masters for $489!

That may be true down in America. You are reading a Canadian forum here if you notice.

So, that $489 USD will cost him $651 CDN with the exchange rate. But, for about 100 Canadian dollars more to have new(651-549), might not be a bad idea, warranty wise considering there might be issues that appear down the road as others have experienced.

Last edited:

Tornade

The refurbished comes to $575 CAD all included. best price i've found for a brand new one is $687 CAD + Taxes and shipping... It is more than $100. That's why i consider buying a refurb one

mciupa

Database Admin
The refurbished comes to $575 CAD all included. best price i've found for a brand new one is $687 CAD + Taxes and shipping... It is more than $100. That's why i consider buying a refurb one

That will get a scanner in your hands.

But, will you also purchase DMR upgrade? That is an extra $60 USD.

plaws

Premium Subscriber
That may be true down in America. You are reading a Canadian forum here if you notice.

There are some users that have no idea that there are even different forums ... and then there are a few who don't realize that Canada is a different country with its own money ... :roll:

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
There are some users that have no idea that there are even different forums ... and then there are a few who don't realize that Canada is a different country with its own money ... :roll:

A lot of people are so desperate to add their two cents in they don't bother to read the whole thread.

You can buy from Jeff at the Ham Station for $459 and $10 shipping from a scanner user Jeff uses what he sales.

:roll:

VE2NCG

Premium Subscriber

LIKE.... lol

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
#1 I did not know where Durham was located.
#2 I do know that Canadian People have to extra fees and every dollar counts.
#3 My only intent was to try to let some one know about a seller that I buy from and his history as I have been buying equipment from this seller for over 34 years.
If I offended anybody I am sorry as I only meant to help.

mciupa

Database Admin
#1 I did not know where Durham was located.
#2 I do know that Canadian People have to extra fees and every dollar counts.
#3 My only intent was to try to let some one know about a seller that I buy from and his history as I have been buying equipment from this seller for over 34 years.
If I offended anybody I am sorry as I only meant to help.

The help he was truly looking for was opinions on buying refurbished Uniden scanners, particularly from Durham Radio. That didn't happen.

In the meantime,some people hate threads sitting unanswered so they give their opinions. That's fine if it answers the refurbished scanner question.

I hope once the dust settles on this thread he returns to tell us the final outcome.

Tornade

It's funny how this thread turn... I should have be more clear that i was looking for canadian retailer. Anyway, i just ordered the BCD436HP from fleetwood digital products and it comes to $575 CAD everything included. I sent e-mail to the owner and the guy is very nice. Now, i should be able to monitor them... Will report later with the quality of the unit...

plaws

Premium Subscriber
It's funny how this thread turn... I should have be more clear that i was looking for canadian retailer. Anyway, i just ordered the BCD436HP from fleetwood digital products and it comes to $575 CAD everything included. I sent e-mail to the owner and the guy is very nice. Now, i should be able to monitor them... Will report later with the quality of the unit...

Given the current exchange rate, that's not too bad a price. If you order the DMR or Provoice keys from Uniden, do you have to pay fees over and above the exchange rate?

Of course, I think only the Longueuil PD are using Provoice so maybe not of interest to you (though I imagine it would have been pretty interesting the other day with the excitement at Promenades St Bruno ...)

Status
Not open for further replies.