BWI/MAA system troubles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

troymail

Silent Key
I've noticed the BWI system going into planned "failsoft" in the past 2 weeks at least once and I'm also noticing quite a bit of garbled P25 digital transmissions.... seems they are having problems with the system.... anyone else monitor this system?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I've been monitoring them on and off, not all day, Troy, so I can't say that I've noticed it. However, I've been scanning in ID Scan mode, not ID Search - and I wouldn't be so surprised about a 'planned failsoft'. They've been quite clear, not much garbling of all, the times I have been listening. How do you know that there's a problem?

73 Mike

troymail

Silent Key
ka3jjz said:
I've been monitoring them on and off, not all day, Troy, so I can't say that I've noticed it. However, I've been scanning in ID Scan mode, not ID Search - and I wouldn't be so surprised about a 'planned failsoft'. They've been quite clear, not much garbling of all, the times I have been listening. How do you know that there's a problem?

73 Mike

The other day I heard testing of radios and some were garbled and giving alot of feedback.. On a fairly regular basis, the mobile/potable units sound distorted and/or garbled and I'd normally assume it's just my "cheap" $500 scanner(s) but that quickly gets put to reset because the dispatcher tells the mobile units to repeat because the transmission was in fact garbled.

baydog

I've got the MAA system in both my BC396 and PSR 500 and very often the transmissions are hard to understand.

Does anyone copy anything on Fire Ops after units are dispatched? I've yet to hear anything

David

troymail

Silent Key
baydog said:
I've got the MAA system in both my BC396 and PSR 500 and very often the transmissions are hard to understand.

Does anyone copy anything on Fire Ops after units are dispatched? I've yet to hear anything

David
Fire Ops? TG 14? Sure, I hear them.... still - sounds like you're noticing the same as I - lots of garbling... seems like it has gotten worse recently... at least, to me it has... and as I said, the dispatchers ask units to repeat alot so it's not just a problem in our scanners.

Status
Not open for further replies.