BWI / MAA TRS - new TG heard

Status
Not open for further replies.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
I was driving by BWI on Friday, and heard what sounded like electrical workers using TG 38. The were looking for a "panel" which I assume was an electrical cb panel, in different rooms and near a jetway.

CA
Annapolis

troymail

Silent Key
Odd that this thing still seems to be undergoing acceptence/testing but regular users seem to pop up from time to time (unless the users are part of the radio system installers, etc.)....

troymail

Silent Key
maus92 said:
I was driving by BWI on Friday, and heard what sounded like electrical workers using TG 38. The were looking for a "panel" which I assume was an electrical cb panel, in different rooms and near a jetway.

CA
Annapolis

So I heard activity on this TG (38) today also.... based on what I was hearing, I "suspect" that the system is slowly beng activated starting with "low priority" users. When the AA County transition occured in the past, "groups" of users were moved onto the system over a series of days or weeks. This gives the contrator time to ensure system stability and tweaking opportunities before the critical users come on line.

As for TG 38 - I also "suspect" one of two things as far as what this TG is ... given the activity, it's either the fire protection technicians/fire prevention folks or there is someaspect of the system that is being used to transmit alarms from the airport complex.

EDIT: it would be interesting to know if current BWI users that appear on the AA County system will be using the same radios or series of radions on this new system. For anyone with TRUNKER monitoring the new system, all of the radios for BWI on the AA County system are 43xxx.... observations?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.