BWI ops logs

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Since I had to take down my attic antennas, my monitoring has been cruddy at best - however, I think 453.8 (which used to be BWI ops, PL 123.0 - keep in mind Greenbelt PD is also here with a different PL) is gone, as is 156.195 and 154.98, both of which were PL of 123.0 and snowplows were heard here in the past. Did they go to NexHell?

I still get something now and again on 453.9 (123.0 - BWI Police, I think), but not nearly as active as it used to be since the MWAA system came online.

Once this is all over, I guess it's time to update the database...

I'm running logs using Scan Control on my old 895, and those items stood out like a sore thumb. Anyone? 73 Mike

maus92

Premium Subscriber
I'm curious why BWI would be affected by MWAA's system - do you mean BWI's trunked system?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Yes, my bad.

I have since noted 156.195 with what sounded like plows at BWI, but nothing on 154.98. That shouldn't be taken as definitive, though, since I am stuck with very poor indoor antennas. 73 Mike

TinEar

Since I had to take down my attic antennas, my monitoring has been cruddy at best - however, I think 453.8 (which used to be BWI ops, PL 123.0 - keep in mind Greenbelt PD is also here with a different PL) is gone, as is 156.195 and 154.98, both of which were PL of 123.0 and snowplows were heard here in the past. Did they go to NexHell?

I still get something now and again on 453.9 (123.0 - BWI Police, I think), but not nearly as active as it used to be since the MWAA system came online.

Once this is all over, I guess it's time to update the database...

I'm running logs using Scan Control on my old 895, and those items stood out like a sore thumb. Anyone? 73 Mike

Mike, I haven't done much listening in that spectrum lately but do hear the 453.9 BWI police freq constantly active. I don't think they've let up at all.

During the snowstorms I didn't listen for the snowplow freqs we had in the past but have heard a lot of activity with the snowplows/blowers etc. working with Tower on the normal 119.4 freq as they moved on/off various ramps, taxiways and runways. I should have listened for both the snowplow freqs and the de-icing freqs but didn't think to do either.

Status
Not open for further replies.