• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

    We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

    If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Bye Bye Vic, Hello Expidition...

Status
Not open for further replies.

RESCUE4NFD

Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2002
Messages
933
Location
GARLAND,TEXAS
Pictures/Expidition

Don't get me wrong,but if someone is checking on a security company on a web page why would they care about the lights on a Crown Vic ?............
 

CommShrek

Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2004
Messages
664
okccsi said:
A bunch actually. I never said the intersections were on public streets. As for push bars, if I could only count the number of times I have encountered the opportunity to use push bars. Aside from that, I like having the front end protected a little bit more. Also, it is a place to put some more lights right?


OKC CSI
So you're telling me that you need all of the lights you mentioned PLUS intersection strobes for traffic clearing at an intersection on private property? I think you are getting ready to earn yourself a HamSexy nomination.
 

OpSec

Code 21, Status 7
Database Admin
Joined
Dec 19, 2002
Messages
1,610
Location
Underground
Twobravo said:
So you're telling me that you need all of the lights you mentioned PLUS intersection strobes for traffic clearing at an intersection on private property? I think you are getting ready to earn yourself a HamSexy nomination.
I'll second that.
 

AZScanner

Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2002
Messages
3,352
Location
Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
Twobravo said:
So you're telling me that you need all of the lights you mentioned PLUS intersection strobes for traffic clearing at an intersection on private property? I think you are getting ready to earn yourself a HamSexy nomination.
Aww, leave him alone.

Nothing wrong with wackering out an old retired cop vehicle. If he pulls onto private property (one of his security accounts, for example) and drives around with the flashy lights like some low flying UFO, well why not? His job is to keep bad guys away. Most bad guys see blinky lights and don't stick around long enough to find out whether or not that's really a cop car comin'... when I did security I used to chase graffiti taggers away with a wood panel station wagon worthy of Clark Griswold. But the headlight pattern matched the caprice classic to a tee, and that's why it worked so well. I seldom had to get out and actually say "what are you doing" - usually one rev of that giant V8 and a click of the high beams was all it took to scatter them like ****roaches. :D

-AZ
 

wdz

Member
Joined
Jan 16, 2004
Messages
151
Location
Columbus, Ohio
AZScanner said:
Aww, leave him alone.

-AZ
I'll second that. If it works for him, great! I'll bet some of the people who want to throw insults are probably secretly jealous ;).
 

okccsi

Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2006
Messages
437
Location
OKC, OK
intrepid97 said:
Are you still using CB Radios as communications like the one I see in the photo?

Or have you gone to VHF/UHF FM? :)

I am not sure if I should read into that comment in a negative way or not. Since I am usually a good natured person, I won't. When that picture you were looking at was taken, the CB was not used for work at all. It was in the car, and mounted that way because we could not find a rack at the time that would work. We all had Kenwood 380's for "work" use. After I took possession of the vehicle, all that changed and those pictures were posted in here for everyone to see. In those pictures, you would see a Kenwood TK-8180 mounted in a horizontal rack along with a scanner and switch box. What you wouldn't see is a CB.

To keep you from having to search for another cb radio, here is a link:
www.okccsi.com/new_pics/

In this new install, a CB will go back in, only because a lot of the police officers I work with use CB on the side in close range stuff. When the need arises, it is helpful for me to talk to my friends while looking for someone. Obviously I can't transmit on their radio's, so this is a good option.

Assuming that we used CB radio's for communication was in bad taste don't you think? I feel like maybe you were going to ask if I had a REACT sticker on the car somewhere.

Let's move on shall we?

OKC CSI
 

okccsi

Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2006
Messages
437
Location
OKC, OK
So, for some unkown reason I am actually feeling a bit beleaguered here. Hamsexy? A person does a clean install, soends money on nice equipment, actually has a use for it, and does it in a legal way and I get hamsexy? Myself, and many others in here would see that moniker as way-off.

My first reaction is one of disbelief? I get a hamsexy nod for the Expedition, but not the Crown Victoria? Obviously someone failed to adjust their timing before posting.

My second reaction: Kinda funny really. I guess if I wanted replies of complete awe and envy I could go over to www.hamsexy.com and post pics of my ride.

I have contracts that pay money to have the security noticed. They want their residents telling them that security was there the night before.

I can't believe I am explaining myself, lol. Reminds me of this one lady. Received a call from a resident, stating her neighbor lady was getting beat in the parking lot by her boyfriend. I was going through the property at about 25mph. We have 10mph speed limit signs. Another lady actually starts yelling at me for speeding. This same lady has herself been beat in the past by her old man. My answer for her was "I will be sure to do the speed limit when she called us to stop her husband from smacking her around". If you can't figure out how that little story related, then I am sorry.

For the couple of you that are feeling a bit overwhelmed with my decisions to spend MY money in a fashion I deem appropriate, I am sorry. Find another hobby. I decide to have a company vehicle that is the first vehicle that a prospective client is going to see and I am now hamsexy.

One thing you don't see is the vehicle in action. I am going to let you do the research, but my vehicle fits the requirements for C.L.E.E.T. here in the state of Oklahoma. So explain to me how that is being "whackerish", or trying to make criminals think maybe it is a cop, maybe it isn't?
OKC CSI
 

okccsi

Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2006
Messages
437
Location
OKC, OK
Rescue4NFD said:
Don't get me wrong,but if someone is checking on a security company on a web page why would they care about the lights on a Crown Vic ?............

I think every contract I have ever had has asked about the types of vehicles used, what kind of lighting we have, and do you have pictures? So, I can easily see where a page with vehicles and lighting can be good.

As for the website, welcome to the 30 minute creation. Do you see me advertising that website? Is it in my signature? Have you done a Google search on it? I stopped after two pages when my website doesn't come up while searching for "corporate security inc + oklahoma". I did see mention of it in a RadioReference link because we are in the database as users of Leon's LTR system here in OKC. The point here is why do you care? You reply is off topic as this forum involves vehicles/shacks, not websites for security services.

I install lights and other tems in a lot of vehicles, I used to build police cars as well. My vehicle is a rolling advertisment for my work, for my endeavors, and my abilities. Sorry others feel the way they do.

Even though I know I have been defending myself, I am not sure why I choose to do so. I am fine, and most people realize this. I think it is time for me to quit ranting.

I will continue to do my install, and take pictures, and load them on my server. For those of you who wish to view and then comment, I think it best if I just don't reply to comments with negative connotations.

OKC CSI
 

car2back

Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2004
Messages
3,010
Location
Tulsa, OK
Twobravo said:
So you're telling me that you need all of the lights you mentioned PLUS intersection strobes for traffic clearing at an intersection on private property? I think you are getting ready to earn yourself a HamSexy nomination.
Eh, dont worry about it, 2B is just jealous he doesn't have something like that for his rent-a-cop duties:twisted:
 

HT-220

Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2003
Messages
57
Location
Florida
[QUOeTE=intrepid97]What line of work to drive 250 miles per night?[/QUOTE]

must be one of those "wackers" that drive into areas away from home to impersonate
an L/E and pull over good looking females without his friends and family knowing what he's up to! that's the only way to explain why he's driving those types of vechiles with
all the lights!
 

CommShrek

Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2004
Messages
664
okccsi said:
So, for some unkown reason I am actually feeling a bit beleaguered here. Hamsexy? A person does a clean install, soends money on nice equipment, actually has a use for it, and does it in a legal way and I get hamsexy? Myself, and many others in here would see that moniker as way-off.

My first reaction is one of disbelief? I get a hamsexy nod for the Expedition, but not the Crown Victoria? Obviously someone failed to adjust their timing before posting.

My second reaction: Kinda funny really. I guess if I wanted replies of complete awe and envy I could go over to www.hamsexy.com and post pics of my ride.

I have contracts that pay money to have the security noticed. They want their residents telling them that security was there the night before.

I can't believe I am explaining myself, lol. Reminds me of this one lady. Received a call from a resident, stating her neighbor lady was getting beat in the parking lot by her boyfriend. I was going through the property at about 25mph. We have 10mph speed limit signs. Another lady actually starts yelling at me for speeding. This same lady has herself been beat in the past by her old man. My answer for her was "I will be sure to do the speed limit when she called us to stop her husband from smacking her around". If you can't figure out how that little story related, then I am sorry.

For the couple of you that are feeling a bit overwhelmed with my decisions to spend MY money in a fashion I deem appropriate, I am sorry. Find another hobby. I decide to have a company vehicle that is the first vehicle that a prospective client is going to see and I am now hamsexy.

One thing you don't see is the vehicle in action. I am going to let you do the research, but my vehicle fits the requirements for C.L.E.E.T. here in the state of Oklahoma. So explain to me how that is being "whackerish", or trying to make criminals think maybe it is a cop, maybe it isn't?
OKC CSI
First of all, what I said had nothing to do with a clean install, nice equipment, or legal issues. I never mentioned any of those things in my post.

If never said anything about you being whackerish or impersonating an officer either.

Sounds like some feelings of guilt to me. ;)

Also, I know the Expedition that you bought is new and I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt that you aren't working out of it yet. If you were using it for security in the condition that it was in, your vehicle was NOT in compliance with CLEET rules regarding private security. I'd go read what CLEET says about non factory lighting and how your vehicle is supposed to be marked.

I'm going to throw this out for you too. I don't think I've mentioned my vehicle on here or what I do to pay the bills. Maybe, just maybe, you aren't the only one on here that owns his own security company. :)

I was only giving you a hard time for the intersection strobes you were talking about. We both know they are not neccesary and that they are overkill. However, like you said, it's your money and your car. I never questioned that, nor did I say anything bad about your install, etc. Thanks.
 

CommShrek

Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2004
Messages
664
phil_smith said:
Eh, dont worry about it, 2B is just jealous he doesn't have something like that for his rent-a-cop duties:twisted:
You know not of what you speak. :) I do know that I don't have any Bubba guns though. :twisted:
 

CommShrek

Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2004
Messages
664
peterjmag said:
2B, I thought you were pretty hamsexy yourself? Live on 147.045 T-Town...
You've got to go to hamsexy (or save yourself some mental trauma by NOT going there) and check out some of the criteria before you throw that hamsexy label around.

I don't think you've heard me on 147.045 recently have you? Anyway, you know what they say PJ. Those who CAN, transmit. Those who can't just have to listen. :)

Besides, if I was really hamsexy, I'd start listing some scanner/radio model numbers or something in my sig line. :)
 

intrepid97

Member
Joined
Jun 23, 2006
Messages
178
Looks like you did take my question the wrong way,I was just asking if that was your primary comms. and nothing more,Sorry if you took offense.

What is with this HAMSEXY site? I am a Amateur Radio Operator and have yet to vist the site.
 

okccsi

Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2006
Messages
437
Location
OKC, OK
intrepid97 said:
Looks like you did take my question the wrong way,I was just asking if that was your primary comms. and nothing more,Sorry if you took offense.

What is with this HAMSEXY site? I am a Amateur Radio Operator and have yet to vist the site.
Maybe I just look at it different. I would never think of using a CB for 2 way communications work in security. Too much distance, to many land variables, and just kinda geeky. Not really me taking it the wrong way, just don't see why someone would think that.

Do you understand where I am coming from?

OKC CSI
 

okccsi

Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2006
Messages
437
Location
OKC, OK
intrepid97 said:
Looks like you did take my question the wrong way,I was just asking if that was your primary comms. and nothing more,Sorry if you took offense.

What is with this HAMSEXY site? I am a Amateur Radio Operator and have yet to vist the site.
Maybe I just look at it different. I would never think of using a CB for 2 way communications work in security. Too much distance, to many land variables, and just kinda geeky. Not really me taking it the wrong way, just don't see why someone would think that.

Do you understand where I am coming from?

OKC CSI
 

intrepid97

Member
Joined
Jun 23, 2006
Messages
178
The reason I asked is this,When I clicked on "vehicles" on your site,All I could see was the CB and a scanner,No Derogatory assumptions here. :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top