Bye Bye Vic, Hello Expidition...

Status
Not open for further replies.

okccsi

When those pics were taken. that CV was owned by my then partner. That was all of his equipment. All I could do was work with what I was given. Six months later the company bought the vehicle. I then changed out a lot of things and maybe it much nicer. Those pics were posted in this forum as well.

The Expedition isn't posted on the site because the site has not been touched in over a year.

Long story short, getting rid of the partner and the CV, so the company bought this. I do a lot of installs on the side so it helps for me to have a "flagship" so to speak to showcase not only the company but my work.

I am not sure why it won't let you access the web site. I have never had this problem with anyone else before. I can put it on my other server and try again.

OKC CSI

okccsi

Twobravo said:
If never said anything about you being whackerish or impersonating an officer either.

Also, I know the Expedition that you bought is new and I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt that you aren't working out of it yet. If you were using it for security in the condition that it was in, your vehicle was NOT in compliance with CLEET rules regarding private security. I'd go read what CLEET says about non factory lighting and how your vehicle is supposed to be marked.

I was only giving you a hard time for the intersection strobes you were talking about. We both know they are not neccesary and that they are overkill. However, like you said, it's your money and your car. I never questioned that, nor did I say anything bad about your install, etc. Thanks.

Uh, I really am the last person you have to tell to check out C.L.E.E.T. laws for private security in any way. I know full well what is required, and when I work, the vehicle meets those requirements. I will post other pictures for you here in a bit so that you can ease your mind and know that you don't have to have any doubts. I work within the law, not outside of it. Because of this, I have built a very good reputation within my industry and with the police.

Oh yeah, and "hamsexy" and "whackerish" fall in roughly the same category for me. My apologizes for not further explaining my reply on that subject.

OKC CSI

radio10-8

With a double din you have some other cool installation options. Maybe a 996T with another am/fm radio, dvd player, gps receiver. Keep us posted on the install, also I saw a Gall's console in person that is a 3 piece console, room for radios, cup holder and flip out writing bench..

Signal3and2

Premium Subscriber
Kinda looks like my explorer! I LOVE black out vehicles whether they are police/SSV related or not. Can't wait to see the setup with lights and all. I work security also, and have whacker lights everywhere. With as well has you can hide a black vehicle at night, you need something to be noticed IMO. Do you pay good, i need a new job :)

jparks29

John McClane
radio10-8 said:
With a double din you have some other cool installation options. Maybe a 996T with another am/fm radio, dvd player, gps receiver. Keep us posted on the install, also I saw a Gall's console in person that is a 3 piece console, room for radios, cup holder and flip out writing bench..

it's double din up front, but only din and half in the rear, because the ventilation ducting runs behind the radio...so you can't use its full DD height...

radio10-8

jparks, thanks for the info, I wanted to do something with my expedition, Any ideas on installing 2 radios in dash, Maybe some custom work in the back? move the vent tubing?

jparks29

John McClane
radio10-8 said:
jparks, thanks for the info, I wanted to do something with my expedition, Any ideas on installing 2 radios in dash, Maybe some custom work in the back? move the vent tubing?

lol... ignore my last statement...... I still had the vic in my head.. expedition should be able to use full DD ..hehe....

after working with them all day, then talking about them all night... selling one, and buying another.. I have vics on the brain...

Status
Not open for further replies.