Byers FD

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeyB

I've been hearing a lot of talk on the Byers FD TG this evening. Sounds like working a fire, and I've heard them talking to Deer Trail, Strasburg units as well. Does anybody know the unit designations for Byers/Deer Trail. I've heard 80's units on this call (Strasburg) and 90's (Bennett) and 700's and 900's. I'm getting it off of the Chevron tower. Radios 316096, 316079 (unit 916 to unit 922).

FiremanSparky

Hello MikeyB
What you were hearing was a fully involved structure fire at 2580 Xmore Rd. (updated address) in Byers with collapse. Units from Byers, Strasburg, Deer Trail, and Bennet operated on scene, with Sable Altura providing standby coverage for Bennett. 700 units are Byers, 800 units are Strasburg, 900 units are Bennett, and 400 units are Sable Altura. *Sorry, forgot to add that Deer Trail and Byers are dispatched by Arapahoe County; Bennett, Sable Altura, and Strasburg are dispatched by ADCOM. Deer Trail has no number designations that I can find, they're just called Deer Trail on the radio.* Hope this helps.

Frank

Last edited:

MikeyB

Thanks for the update. I hadn't ever heard chatter on Byers so I was excited to hear them. I imagine I might have heard them because of the mutual aid units? I can't hear Zap or Deer Trail sites, which I imagine they're on more often. Do the calls go out on their TG as well or just en route traffic?

ROOFLIFECO

Premium Subscriber
Byers Fire and Deer Trail are paged on their VHF pagers. Then the individual units will code up on the 800mhz radios.

Keep in mind however, that the reason you may not be hearing them too much is because both Byers and Deer Trail run about 150 or so calls per year. Along the I-70 Corridor, Bennett is the busiest, Strasburg comes in second, Sable-Altura as third, and Byers, Deer Trail, and Agate as a close competition for fourth.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Can't forget North Central they ran a record 51 calls last year.

Jim<

Troop

Byers Fire and Deer Trail are paged on their VHF pagers. Then the individual units will code up on the 800mhz radios.

Keep in mind however, that the reason you may not be hearing them too much is because both Byers and Deer Trail run about 150 or so calls per year. Along the I-70 Corridor, Bennett is the busiest, Strasburg comes in second, Sable-Altura as third, and Byers, Deer Trail, and Agate as a close competition for fourth.

you'll probably hear more calls for Byers dispatched to Bennett/Strasburg than actual Byers....they've got some internal issues going on over there...

Status
Not open for further replies.