C.H.P. Bakersfield (KERN) Frequencys

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScannerPaul

Ok...I am a broadcaster for broadcastify and have noticed loss of local chp??? whats going on??

42.50000KJM513B127.3 PLBRN2 CEN BBrown 2 - Base - Bakersfield (69)FMLaw Dispatch
42.84000KA4993M127.3 PLBRN2 CEN MBrown 2 - Mobile - Bakersfield (69)
No longer hear anything on these freqs???

Last edited:

kg6nlw

Railroad & Ham Radio Extrodinare
Premium Subscriber
Just for giggles, turn off the PL and see if you start to hear traffic again. Have you checked neighboring CHP offices and the BLUE channel?

Regards,

-Frank C.

ScannerPaul

At first I had thought my transmitter had desensitized the receive circuit on the uniden I've since used other scanners and different antennas to limit scan the 42 band with no luck... it's just quiet completely... I've been listening to 42.50 and 42.84 for 20 plus years it just makes no sense...

ScannerPaul

Just the low...our only uhf here in taft has always been hard to catch...im like 20 miles from the grapevine....should hear all 42.

kg6nlw

Premium Subscriber
Gotcha. As I first mentioned, you should check other CHP offices that you can possibly hear, and try the BLUE as well. If no results after a day or so, I'd go band hunting, but I really doubt they've changed frequencies.

Possible issues:
1) Bad receiver
2) PL was changed
3) Squelch on your end was bumped
4) They just aren't talking as much for some reason

Regards,

-Frank C.

kg6nlw

Premium Subscriber
I would still try turning OFF the PL and checking to see if you hear anything at all, lower the squelch too. If not, go through steps 1-4 in my last post.

Regards,

-Frank C.

ScannerPaul

Scanned with 4 scanners...limit scanned with pl off...yagi/dipole/discone....its just gone...I had them on my broadcastify...they were pretty active band...

kg6nlw

Premium Subscriber
Then the only other thing I can think of is something is bad in your coax *OR* the closest tower to you has been shut off. That's happened to me, where the closest tower was down for a few months for maintenance. Dispatch could barely hear our North end units at all and vice versa.

Regards,

-Frank C.

ScannerPaul

wondering if they went to that 700 band...its in trhe works....we only have 2 stations here in kern...buttowillow and sr99 and the 119...Im 10-15 miles from either as far as coax ive never had an issue picking them up from either station with just a rubber duck....

3 scanners
4 antennas 4 coax
limit scan no pl
???????????????

kg6nlw

Premium Subscriber
Doubtful for 700 at this time. The only place they'd end up there is on CRIS and that's not even built out enough to do much. As for towers, you have a lot more than that, you just have to know where to look.

Using a rubber duck is very ill-advised on Lowband, even just for receiving. You want something that is TUNED for VHF-Lo (CHP if you want), outside, and reasonably high up. Rubber duck will definitely cause an issue of no reception when a tower goes down.

Regards,

-Frank C.

ScannerPaul

I understand the towers I've been mapping them for 30 years..
I'm talking about dispatch buildings..
And as far as the ill advised rubber duck... it worked again for antennas discone/ yagi/vertical all different coax 30 ft above the house on a tower...
Not exactly a startup rig this is my hobby.. most of it came from as a ham radio operator I held that license for 10 years but let it lapse in good standing so I understand PL ctcss...
A little bit more thought process has been put into this than just my coax is bad I received nothing from The dispatch center at all 20 ft from a different radio on a MAG mount different antenna...so again it's just gone.. a tower being down is understandable but buttonwillow two different frequencies are also offline for over a month now

markclark

Premium Subscriber
Start scanning 44.0 to 45.98 and all of 39 Mhz. They may have moved to the planned new frequencies.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like the VHF low band portion of your receiver went deaf. Try another radio. There must be someone here on RR that's able to monitor that area. Low band is certainly live for me in the Valley division.

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
@ScannerPaul - I am a little over 100 miles north of Bakersfield. I monitored 42.5 MHz today and have not heard a peep. I am using an OCF in an inverted V configuration favoring north and south. I hear Fresno on 42.080 MHz, but that is nearby. Even with the squelch open I am not hearing something, but my antenna is meant for the amateur bands.

By the way, I use an HP 5086-7284 limiter inline for my receivers/scanners, even in the vehicle. It is inexpensive protection.

1979lee

im scanning 39-46...all i get is newhall chp on 45.700,
and i just heard 45.420(what is this)?(dispatch mentioned bell gardens? thats a hell of a skip!
im in the eastern 93308 area of town. no 42.5 or 42.6 or even 39.12/45.5 HMMMMM i dont like this!!!!!!!

Im scanning with an st2 scantenna at 30 feet above my house

Status
Not open for further replies.