c-med

Status
Not open for further replies.

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
They are also all posted in the database for each of the five regions and statewide.

N0WEF

Premium Subscriber
If you are looking for the Freq. I believe it's:

155.34000 BM 203.5 PL Statewide Med Net

I also saw another tone Statewide uses 210.7.

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
What is the statewide chnnels?

The statewide med channels are the same med channels only with different PL utilizing 210.7. They used to be widely used on the older radios when they only had four buttons on them to select the PL for what ever region you were operating in. They are still used sometimes but rarely as the newer radios used can practically every channel with the associated PL programmed in.

Your CMED in CT regions are as follows (roughly):

1 - South West - primarily Lower Fairfield County

2 - South Central - primarily Southern and North Central New Haven County, City of Shelton (Fairfield County)

3 - North Central - All of Hartford County, with some other adjecent towns from Litchfield, Middlesex and Tolland Counties

4 - Eastern - Primarily Middlesex, New London, Windham and Tolland Counties

5 - North West - Primarily Litchfield County, some towns in northern Fairfield County and the Waterbury area of New Haven County.

If you are looking for the Freq. I believe it's:

155.34000 BM 203.5 PL Statewide Med Net

I also saw another tone Statewide uses 210.7.
The MedNet is currently a base-to-base system and is totally different in usage from the standard UHF med channels. It a part of the old HEAR system prior to the implementation of the UHF MED channels (if I remember correctly).

Last edited:

N0WEF

Premium Subscriber
Thanks, Izzy. Just a thought, why not write a wiki, or submit that info to the db? It would help the community, considering that's where I got the info.

Anyway, thanks again! have a good day.

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
Thanks, Izzy. Just a thought, why not write a wiki, or submit that info to the db? It would help the community, considering that's where I got the info.

Anyway, thanks again! have a good day.

I was thinking about it as I used to work at New Haven C-MED, but each region also operates differently. So I would need help from obtaining information from their operations as well. I'm a perfectionist so I really don't want to put out guesses on the other regions, I want the actual correct information there. But also I've been out of the loop since I left there in '07.

ecps92

I can understand the accuracy issue, but understand the wiki is about colaboration and I have found [sadly with the new scanners and the hobby] that if we don't put it out there first [even if from memory] the comments are "Why is this missing", "They never have this/that".

Sometimes building the template and indicating the date of the intel, causes folks to build upon it. So many of the Federal Wiki's are built upon one little piece of info that grew into a monster :D

I was thinking about it as I used to work at New Haven C-MED, but each region also operates differently. So I would need help from obtaining information from their operations as well. I'm a perfectionist so I really don't want to put out guesses on the other regions, I want the actual correct information there. But also I've been out of the loop since I left there in '07.

N0WEF

Premium Subscriber
I can understand the accuracy issue, but understand the wiki is about colaboration and I have found [sadly with the new scanners and the hobby] that if we don't put it out there first [even if from memory] the comments are "Why is this missing", "They never have this/that".

Sometimes building the template and indicating the date of the intel, causes folks to build upon it. So many of the Federal Wiki's are built upon one little piece of info that grew into a monster :D

Sorry for a short, insignificant, reply.... But that was perfectly stated. (Thanks for saying quicker, and better, than I could)

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Since the question of CMED channels comes up often, I decided to modify the map from the link posted by Scott above! Hope it helps! Unfortunately, the original map is not of good quality for printing. The cities are all blurry but it serves the purpose.

Manny

Last edited:

Placid1

Whats the difference between c-med and the med channels used for ambulance patches to hospital?
I know I get amb->hospital on 463.0500 pl 192.8 here in litchfield.

I dont see that listed on the map so maybe thats not c-med?

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Whats the difference between c-med and the med channels used for ambulance patches to hospital?
I know I get amb->hospital on 463.0500 pl 192.8 here in litchfield.

I dont see that listed on the map so maybe thats not c-med?

The frequencies listed on the map are for the regional medical direction centers in the 5 regions of the state. As Scott stated, there are 5 regions but about 13 actual centers. CMED stands for Coordinated Emergency Medical Direction. This is where the ambulances check in so to speak and are directed to (patched in) via a medical channel where they can talk directly with the hospital they are heading to for advance notice. The 463.000-463.175 med channels are all used in CT. but with different PL tones.

Manny

Last edited:

cg

Premium Subscriber
That is a patch channel (Med 3) and is part of the CMED system. There are Coordination channels and Patch channels. Some regions just give out Med channels assignments from the ordinary FD/EMS channels. Some regions require going to a Coordination channel and get a Patch channel assigned from there.
The frequencies listed with the map are coordination channels used in each region.

chris

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
Add to add on to Manny's previous post (and good find on the "new" map), each region has either one or multiple dispatch centers to co-ordinate the ambulance to hospital communications. South West, (now located in Bridgeport for the past several years after moving from Norwalk), South Central (New Haven) and North West (Hartford) all have one centralized dispatch center. North West has two (North West Public Safety in Prospect and Litchfield County Dispatch [LCD]) while the Eastern region has 6 separate dispatch centers (Willimantic Switchboard [WW], Colchester [KX], Valley Shore, Waterford ECC and Groton Fire Alarm) utilized for co-ordination. These centers also have primary dispatch for various ambulance and fire agencies as well. For example Ansonia, Derby, Bethany, and Shelton EMS are dispatch South Central, so they don't have to sign on MED 10 they are responding. Since New Haven Fire has their own dispatch and they utilize AMR fro transport, those units sign on MED 10 when they are responding, arriving, going to the hospital, ect. When going to the hospital, the C-MED dispatcher assigns a med channel that is utilized for the closest hospital or they can "hook up' a different med channel to the hospital radio if they are coming from a distance where the local MED channel tower cannot revive them.

MED 9 and 10 are the "dispatch channels" and 1 through 8 are used for ambulance to hospital communications. In some areas MED 4 and 2 are also utilized as dispatch channels if 9 & 10 are being utilized by another center that is too close.

Last edited:

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Izzy, you listed 5 for eastern but mentioned that there are 6. Where is the 6th one buddy? Ya left us short..LOL...

Manny

Last edited:

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Hopefully I got it all right! I obviously did not create the map, only modified the original wording on the bottom. I added the boxes and arrows according to what Izzy stated in the earlier post. I modified the compass using clip art and adding the stace of CT. blue map in the center. It prints out really nice and very legible!

Manny

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.