Cabarrus Cty. portion of Char/Meck system

Status
Not open for further replies.

sixty3

Premium Subscriber
Can anyone tell me how to download just the Cabarrus County portion of the new Char/Meck p25 system? I recently purchased a bcd996xt, ARC XT PRO, and 365 days on this site. Do you have to be a NASA scientist and a Philadelphia lawyer to use this scanner? I had no trouble at all loading Rowan County, but have been unsuccessful with Concord and Kannapolis Fire and PD. Any help and encouragement would be greatly appreciated.

kg4pbd

Can anyone tell me how to download just the Cabarrus County portion of the new Char/Meck p25 system? I recently purchased a bcd996xt, ARC XT PRO, and 365 days on this site. Do you have to be a NASA scientist and a Philadelphia lawyer to use this scanner? I had no trouble at all loading Rowan County, but have been unsuccessful with Concord and Kannapolis Fire and PD. Any help and encouragement would be greatly appreciated.

Using the ARC software go to "Internet", "Radioreference", and then log in using your RR info, from there navigate to NC, Cabarrus, and "Trunked systems". Once there select the Charlotte P25 system. Under "Sites" select only the Cabarrus Simulcast sites.

On the right side you should see the Cabarrus talkgroups that you can select.

Once you've done all that and created the system and uploaded it to the radio you should be good to go. I monitor the main simulcast site for Charlotte so I can't say I've set it up for Cabarrus, but the procedure should be the same.

Let us know if you still have problems.

sixty3

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Scott,
I have tried that procedure several times and still get no reception. There still must be something I am not doing properly. Will delete current system in radio and start all over. Will see if that makes a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.