Cable Adapter Required for PSR-300?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nortonsk

Rank newbie trying to download from scanner to ARC300 software. No go. Have a 20-047 cable. Haven't upgraded firmware to v. 1.04. USB-to-serial port seems to be configured correctly and properly identified. Questions:

(1) Is the 3-inch adapter cable required?
(2) What should I be seeing when I click the green 'Start Download' button?

Thanks for any help.

nortonsk

n5usr

Premium Subscriber
No, the adapter is not used with the 300.

With the cable plugged into the scanner, the scanner should show 'clone mode', then when you click start both the computer and the scanner should show some activity. I don't use ARC, so can't say exactly what it will do. The scanner has a progress meter.

mikey60

Rank newbie trying to download from scanner to ARC300 software. No go. Have a 20-047 cable. Haven't upgraded firmware to v. 1.04. USB-to-serial port seems to be configured correctly and properly identified. Questions:

(1) Is the 3-inch adapter cable required?
(2) What should I be seeing when I click the green 'Start Download' button?

Thanks for any help.

nortonsk

As stated, no you do not need the adapter cable. I don't know the status of ARC300, but it's possible you may need to update the firmware to the 1.4 version before it will work. The 1.4 firmware changed the clone protocol for the PSR-300 to make it compatible with the Radio Shack Pro-164. If this is the case, attempting to upload to the radio should cause a message on the scanner screen to the effect of "Incorrect Model".

Mike

nortonsk

Re programming PSR-300

Thanks Mike and n5usr. Download successful. Now on to additional programming...

nortonsk

Status
Not open for further replies.