cable issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

mreagle72

i have bcd996t have USB to front port . win 7 will not connect . have tried drivers any sugestions have turned port on thanks . kc9vnd

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
A couple of things possible here...

a. What Win7 version are you using? The 64 bit version has been known to have some issues with drivers...

b. From where did you get drivers? Hopefully you aren't using one of those low-cost Chinese Prolific knock-offs - if you are, ...Prolific has put code into their load process to check if the chip set is counterfeit. If that's true, the drivers won't load....

c. What app are you using to connect (ARC996, FreeScan, ProScan, etc.)?

d. Did you go into Device Manager and see if something is grabbing the port you think you've allocated?

Mike

mreagle72

cable

win7 32 bit . prob because its an ebay junk cable supposed to be a ftdi chip the driver still wont work . i prpbabbly got scammed it wont pick up any driver i try

eaf1956

Feed Provider
win7 32 bit . prob because its an ebay junk cable supposed to be a ftdi chip the driver still wont work . i prpbabbly got scammed it wont pick up any driver i try

I have gotten many of those USB to RS 232 adapters off EbAY most don't work. My USB-1 cable from Uniden works fine.

Tazworld

Look for my post about the USB to Serial Adapter i did today. I tested it on 3 different O/S i use here 32 and 64 bit versions of Win 7

Status
Not open for further replies.