Cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

russellfd

Premium Subscriber
Can anyone tell me what cable I need to program the uniden 396xt with an windows 8 computer I downloaded from website scanner master still want work

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Post moved to Uniden forum.

Please pick a more appropriate forum for your thread next time. Finding a cable for your scanner really isn't an appropriate topic for the Community Announcements forum.

Thanks.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Did you load the drivers and validate that they created a COM port for you? There's very specific information about the problems with Win8 right on the Scanner Master site - assuming here that this is the cable you bought...

Uniden USB Cable

We also have a few more issues and resolutions documented at the bottom of this article from our wiki...

Connecting scanners via USB - The RadioReference Wiki

And finally you must set the port up on the scanner itself. This page from the Freescan user guide tells you about this, using the menus...

Freescan - Connecting Scanner to PC - The RadioReference Wiki

Unfortunately Win8 makes it a royal pain in the butt with drivers for USB cables. As I just lost my desktop and likely to have to go through this same pain, I'm not looking forward to this...HTH...Mike

Blackink

Windows 7 or 8 offered here....

Unfortunately Win8 makes it a royal pain in the butt with drivers for USB cables. As I just lost my desktop and likely to have to go through this same pain, I'm not looking forward to this...HTH...Mike

I don't know if you're willing to go this route but this site offers either Windows 7 or 8: Trading Computers

Status
Not open for further replies.