Cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

K4EET

Chaplain
What cable type do you use on your equipment?
This post certainly wins the Question of the Year award for being wide open for answers.

The answer of course is 1-5/8 inch air dielectric Heliax (HJ7-50A) with a list price of about $28 per foot...

prcguy

Yes, yes! I will use that for building my custom USB cable. Since USB has several conductors I will need several runs of HJ7-50A!

This post certainly wins the Question of the Year award for being wide open for answers.

The answer of course is 1-5/8 inch air dielectric Heliax (HJ7-50A) with a list price of about $28 per foot...

K4EET

Chaplain
It looks like the OP has not been seen at Radio Reference since they posted this thread last Wednesday, 19 August 2020. I wonder if they are going to come back or did we scare them away with our joking around? :eek: I hope not...

Tech21

I'm here. Why would I have been scared to come back? HAM guys are nothing to be scared of. What are you going to do? Talk me to death.

K4EET

Chaplain
I'm here. Why would I have been scared to come back? HAM guys are nothing to be scared of. What are you going to do? Talk me to death.
Thanks for letting us know that we did not scare you off.

You were here yesterday evening but you didn't clarify what cable(s) you were asking about. Probably coax cable but since the type of coax varies with the application, please give us some specifics on what your application might be. What we use to go between the transceiver and a linear amp is different from what we use to go 270 feet out to and up the tower. We also use different types of coax for 160 Meters to 10 Meters (HF) runs than we would for a 33 Centimeter (SHF) run over the same distance. One of the guys in a club that I belong to has an awesome antenna farm that you can look at here and here. Frank, W3LPL, uses some really long runs of substantially large coax at his antenna farm.

And if you are not talking about coax, then my guess is all wrong.

73, Dave K4EET

P.S.: No need to capitalize the word "HAM" because it is not an acronym. Ham or ham would be better. ;)

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Meanwhile, let's get back to the topic at hand.
You original asked what cable to use. The folks here are glad to help you, but they need to know more about your application. Can you tell us what you plan to do with this cable?

Status
Not open for further replies.