Cache Valley Going to 800 MHZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

bneilson

Premium Subscriber
Hey Guys just had two things to bring up...

I was in a meeting with UHP in Logan and they said that they would be getting they 800 MHz radios really soon (Like within the next few weeks).

Second while I was there I noticed TG 28704 was more of a dispatch channel then a service channel. This TG has been talked about previously in this thread but I wanted to see if the Cache people could confirm that it is indeed a Service channel?

Fire822

Feed Provider
800 Mhz

Hey Guys just had two things to bring up...

I was in a meeting with UHP in Logan and they said that they would be getting they 800 MHz radios really soon (Like within the next few weeks).

I bet they are happy with that. I heard somewhere can't remember if it was on here or heard two UHP people talking but they said they would only get new radios once thier cars were rotated out. They have been mad without having the 800 because the can not go to a seperate channel then the main one and talk to the Sheriff's about Things

Second while I was there I noticed TG 28704 was more of a dispatch channel then a service channel. This TG has been talked about previously in this thread but I wanted to see if the Cache people could confirm that it is indeed a Service channel?

Before the switch to 800 there were two channels.

Service for Logan, N Logan, And Smithfield.
Which has now became
28704 702 A CacheValServ Cache County Service (linked to 155.655) Multi-Talk. Which is now being called LAW 2.

Regional for UHP, Sheriff, and DWR.
Which has now became
16000 3e8 A Cache Region Cache County Regional (linked to 155.700 & 154.725) Law Dispatch. Which is now being Called LAW1.

Alot of time though the are still refered to as Regional and Service.

bneilson

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the update. That is consistent with what I was hearing...

Do you think we should update these in the DB?

The regional one I am worried about changing as I believe under the UCAN system it is actually a regional channel as I frequently hear it here in SLC on Site 3.

wbloss

Human
Database Admin

The regional one I am worried about changing as I believe under the UCAN system it is actually a regional channel as I frequently hear it here in SLC on Site 3.

We Cachians had talked about this. Since the local LE folk still use the Service/Regional nomenclature 90% of the time in lieu of Law 1 and Law 2 we thought we'd wait to change until there was more on-the-air acceptance.

W

enosjones

Premium Subscriber

im hearing it alot this week and 28704 on Ford Ridge 38. Do you think they will use 16000 for 10-80's or another Tg?

Status
Not open for further replies.