Caddo p25 is coming alive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snellcat

Premium Subscriber
Same here. I noticed that the old system had gone dark yesterday midday. I'm trying different receivers on decoding digital simulcast. For the most part sucksville. The TRX-200 seems to be doing the best but even that is only about 70%. Looks like it might be SDS200 time.

Mizzle211

Noob question...Im using a BCD325P2(SDS-100 arrving Wednesday). After the change this week I reprogrammed and am now getting traffic however only when I have ID mode set to search in Freescan. Its crickets when set to scan. Does this mean all talkgroups will have to be identified again? Can someone explain this to me? Thanks for info.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
Noob question...Im using a BCD325P2(SDS-100 arrving Wednesday). After the change this week I reprogrammed and am now getting traffic however only when I have ID mode set to search in Freescan. Its crickets when set to scan. Does this mean all talkgroups will have to be identified again? Can someone explain this to me? Thanks for info.
Yes all new talkgroups most likely, I’ll be in town thanksgiving so I’ll help out mapping them

Mizzle211

Yes all new talkgroups most likely, I’ll be in town thanksgiving so I’ll help out mapping them

Good deal! They aren't encrypted and I've figured out a handful of the basic ones(SPD EAST, SPD WEST, SFD DISPATCH). Where can you submit them?

Mizzle211

Mizzle211 can you send me what you got so far.......capt56@att.net

They must be still trying to figure the system out. As of this morning there has been no SPD traffic when there was yesterday. I am picking up CPSO and SFD(different TGs from yesterday) though. Haven't had much time today to monitor but will tonight and tomorrow. I'll send you an email.

Snellcat

Premium Subscriber
How's everyone coming on their mapping? I'm slowly getting my new SDS200 up and running and I find it's performance on this system is sweet at my location. (South Bossier) I do the majority of my listening while traveling and when I pick up a good clue as to a correct TG I try to write it down (without wrecking the car of course, lol) I'm using ARC536 for virtual control of the radio with VLC streaming the audio to my pc through the NIC port. I then TeamViewer to that pc using the mobile app on my phone. This allows me to use my large offset dipole to feed the radio for great monitoring wherever I am.

Mizzle211

How's everyone coming on their mapping? I'm slowly getting my new SDS200 up and running and I find it's performance on this system is sweet at my location. (South Bossier) I do the majority of my listening while traveling and when I pick up a good clue as to a correct TG I try to write it down (without wrecking the car of course, lol) I'm using ARC536 for virtual control of the radio with VLC streaming the audio to my pc through the NIC port. I then TeamViewer to that pc using the mobile app on my phone. This allows me to use my large offset dipole to feed the radio for great monitoring wherever I am.

I just received my SDS100 and getting SPD(2 TGs),SFD(2 TGS), CPSO(1 TG), and Shreveport Water Dept. I'm still learning the unit. Please share any info you get. I'm certain you have figured out the few TGs I've identified already.

Snellcat

Premium Subscriber
Here are the TG ID's I have very tentatively identified:

SPD

7 EAST
9 WEST
2033 AIRPORT PD

SFD
515 DISPATCH
513 MAIN
521 TAC 1
577 ST 4 ALLENDALE
579 ST 5 STONER HILL
571 ST 6 MLK
585 ST 8 QUEENSBOROUGH
599 ST 15 SUNSET ACRES
601 ST 16 MOORETOWN
607 ST 19 ELLERBE ROAD

EMS/HOSPITAL
1865 WK PIERREMONT
1877 OCHSNER LSU
1681 MED UNIT CONTROL

CADDO PARISH SHERIFF
1015 CPSO MAIN
1021 CPSO SOUTH
1043 CPSO INFO

CADDO FIRE DISTRICT
1677 DISPATCH

MISC
2061 CPSB SECURITY
1643 VIVIAN PD

Note: These are really best guess results based on what i was hearing in a three-hour monitoring session this evening. For example, i based the SFD station IDs based on the engine numbers being dispatched to the call. I don't imagine that's an exact science. Please check these out and tell us your observations.

--Snellcat

Mizzle211

Thanks Snellcat! I think its going to take some time on SPD. I have a connection with SFD and Caddo Fire Districts and should be ale to get their IDs in the next couple of weeks.

capt56

Thanks Snellcat! I think its going to take some time on SPD. I have a connection with SFD and Caddo Fire Districts and should be ale to get their IDs in the next couple of weeks.
If you guys send me what you got and how to program it in on my SDS 100 & 200 I'll certainly help out on the mapping.

capt56@att.net

Last edited:

capt56

ok I think I have the basic stuff in as I am getting some SPD east and CPSO stuff now...........they appear to be using the same site frequencies as before

capt56

SPD
7 EAST
9 WEST
2033 AIRPORT PD

SFD
515 DISPATCH
513 MAIN
521 TAC 1
577 ST 4 ALLENDALE
579 ST 5 STONER HILL
571 ST 6 MLK
585 ST 8 QUEENSBOROUGH
599 ST 15 SUNSET ACRES
601 ST 16 MOORETOWN
607 ST 19 ELLERBE ROAD

EMS/HOSPITAL
1865 WK PIERREMONT
1877 OCHSNER LSU
1681 MED UNIT CONTROL

CADDO PARISH SHERIFF
1015 CPSO MAIN
1021 CPSO SOUTH
1043 CPSO INFO

CADDO FIRE DISTRICT
1677 DISPATCH

MISC
2061 CPSB SECURITY
1643 VIVIAN PD

Note: These are really best guess results based on what i was hearing in a three-hour monitoring session this evening. For example, i based the SFD station IDs based on the engine numbers being dispatched to the call. I don't imagine that's an exact science. Please check these out and tell us your observations.

--Snellcat
Im getting 3 unknown ID this AM so far....51, 2043 and 2097

capt56

SPD
7 EAST
9 WEST
2033 AIRPORT PD

SFD
515 DISPATCH
513 MAIN
521 TAC 1
577 ST 4 ALLENDALE
579 ST 5 STONER HILL
571 ST 6 MLK
585 ST 8 QUEENSBOROUGH
599 ST 15 SUNSET ACRES
601 ST 16 MOORETOWN
607 ST 19 ELLERBE ROAD

EMS/HOSPITAL
1865 WK PIERREMONT
1877 OCHSNER LSU
1681 MED UNIT CONTROL

CADDO PARISH SHERIFF
1015 CPSO MAIN
1021 CPSO SOUTH
1043 CPSO INFO

CADDO FIRE DISTRICT
1677 DISPATCH

MISC
2061 CPSB SECURITY
1643 VIVIAN PD

--Snellcat
I can confirm all of yours listed earlier as being good today

Status
Not open for further replies.