Caddo p25 is coming alive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snellcat

Premium Subscriber
Guys, it looks like they followed the same setup that most analog to P25 cutovers have: divide the old talkgroup from the Moto system by 16 and voila: new talkgroup. That should help identify the radio traffic quickly, but before submitting to database, always verify what you are hearing.
Thanks rattlerbb01. This info is quite the timesaver. Math...who knew?

cajunjerry

So since I can't hear anything in Webster parish, would it help to add all the frequencies instead of just the control channels? Are there completely tied to caddo or can I ad the bossier tower?

capt56

So since I can't hear anything in Webster parish, would it help to add all the frequencies instead of just the control channels? Are there completely tied to caddo or can I ad the bossier tower?
Jerry I just added Shreveport as a site and then all of the old Simulcast frequencies and am getting plenty of traffic.

Tonkie25

I live in Shreveport and have a Uniden Home Patrol II. I am new to this and need help getting signals again. Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks

capt56

I live in Shreveport and have a Uniden Home Patrol II. I am new to this and need help getting signals again. Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks
Try programming the system in with the Sentinel program............I got the old simulcast system on a HP2 no problem

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
Thanks
You’ll probably need to do a new database update in sentinel, it should be up there by now

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
if anyone is interested I converted the old system to the new P25 Talkgroups as a reference in case it helps

Status
Not open for further replies.