Cadillac of Batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

KF5EYR

Premium Subscriber
I am looking for a set of good batteries. "AA"s. Don't mind sinking $50.00-$100.00. I've been using Ray-O-Vac 2400mV. Did a thread search and saw a few about Eneloops. These will go in a RS PRO-18. Any opinions will be appreciated.

bear780ks

I use the eneloops the white label one's and the XX brand, there good and reliable..

I also use PowerEX batteries & there chargers, I use and have two of them my current chargers are the PowerEX Wizard.. there Line of batteries I use are the IMEDION's and the POWEREX..

Ed6698

I also have a set of the white label Eneloops. I am interested to see how long they last as they are rated to last up to 1800 charges compared to 500 for the XX. The key thing with rechargeable batteries is to have a good charger. I have 2 Powerex MH-C9000 units and so far they have worked fantastic with Eneloops.

I get my Eneloop batteries through Amazon.com

Last edited:

bear780ks

Gentlemen, Where does some one get these battery's you are talking about ?

The MaHa's you can get Directly from MaHa.. Or if you have a Batteries + Plus in your Town you can get them there and they stock the chargers as well at the Time I got mine they did not stock the IMEDIONS and there prices are really reasonable..

As for the eneloops doing some searching I found them as well in the Town I'm near in Wichita.. At a battery store called.. Allpack batteries located in Wichita and Salina, Ks has the eneloops both the XX and the white Label eneloops..

Here is ALLPACKS Link: http://www.everybattery.com/

Here is MaHa's Link: http://www.everybattery.com/

Here is Batteries Plus + Link: http://www.batteriesplus.com/

Last edited:

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Eneloops 2000mah white label. Get them from Amazon. I was able to get a set at Costco when they had them (seasonal).

rbm

I am looking for a set of good batteries. "AA"s. Don't mind sinking $50.00-$100.00. I've been using Ray-O-Vac 2400mV. Did a thread search and saw a few about Eneloops. These will go in a RS PRO-18. Any opinions will be appreciated.

My vote also goes to LSD Eneloop batteries. (or similar batteries from other companies)

I bought 60 of them back in 2006.
I liked them so much I bought 30 for each of my daughters to use in their children's toys etc. and gave them MAHA chargers to go with them.

Then my wife bought a bunch of LED candles so I bought 60 more of them.

Since 2006 I've had exactly one of them go bad. Actually it's capacity just dropped to 1500 mah.

I use a variety of smart chargers and never charge them in the the devices they're in.
(I just remembered that I also have them in my six cordless phones and those are charged in the bases.)

I also have several packs of 'Low Self Discharge' (LSD) batteries from Radio Shack and some Kodak brand that are years old. They've all been good.
If the package doesn't say LSD or 'Low Self Discharge', look for something like 'PreCharged' on the package.

By the way, I've tried hundreds of the old standard NiCd batteries and they ALL failed over time. Some in a VERY SHORT time.
Now if I buy a device that includes standard NiCd batteries, I just recycle them and use LSD types instead.
I won't even waste time with them.

Rich

Edit: I just happened to think that if you click on the link for my Shack Photos, you can see several chargers lined up on the desk at the left. I've added a few more since that photo was taken.

KF5EYR

Premium Subscriber
By the way, I've tried hundreds of the old standard NiCd batteries and they ALL failed over time. Some in a VERY SHORT time.

2 of my 8 Ray-O-Vacs are noticeably different in charge holding ability.

bear780ks

They are Good... but MaHa's to add :) are just as good & one thing with them they're manufacture to the same standards as there chargers are as I was told, by there chief Technician.. One more to add Getting batteries from MaHa is Quite easy and they have Cases that they ship them in enelops do not have Cases..

Using both brands I will say they have the same reliability... but Good charging methods is almost a must to keep them in tip top shape and with the Wizard charger from MaHa one's can do that..

Status
Not open for further replies.