cal tac 1 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom4

i was listening to a undercover op of some kind in oakland a few days back, when all the sudden someone said all units switch to cal tac 1 on system star 1 i was just wondering if anyone knows what cal tac 1 is?

kma371

QRT
i was listening to a undercover op of some kind in oakland a few days back, when all the sudden someone said all units switch to cal tac 1 on system star 1 i was just wondering if anyone knows what cal tac 1 is?

well, that depends on what agency you were listening to in the first place. I've never heard of "cal tac 1" myself.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
I have heard of "Cal Tac" used in Calaveras (or perhaps Amador) county, but not in the Bay Area.

EMSJUNKY

The only CALTAC channel that I know of in Northern California is in Calaveras County. You may heard a dispatch on CALFIRE TCU Local (151.175), which can be heard in part of the Bay Area. CalTac is a non repeated, simples tactical frequency for communications on scene with in Calaveras County. They can also use the White channels, CAL FIRE tac channels. For example, a typical dispatch would be:

For Murphys Fire, Altaville Malones Fire, Vehicle Accident, Highway 4 at Redhill, Tactical will be Caltac, Time out 1745 hrs.

Hope this helps.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Cal Tac

...Time out 1745 hrs.
LOL

And the frequency for Cal Tac is 153.815 MHz. But if you're not in the area of Calaveras county, you'll hear other stuff on that frequency. I only find it useful to scan when I am there.

cousinkix1953

LOL

And the frequency for Cal Tac is 153.815 MHz. But if you're not in the area of Calaveras county, you'll hear other stuff on that frequency. I only find it useful to scan when I am there.
Try it the next time that you get near Monterey county. The Salinas PD's anti-gang task force is simulcasting their 460.500 tactical communications on 153.815 (162.2 PL); so they are heard futher away by anybody with a decent outdoor antenna.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Try it the next time that you get near Monterey county. The Salinas PD's anti-gang task force is simulcasting their 460.500 tactical communications on 153.815 (162.2 PL); so they are heard futher away by anybody with a decent outdoor antenna.
From here in Fair Oaks, I get what sounds like a school bus channel on 153.815. Obviously this frequency has different uses, depending on area.

This does not help the OP determine what 'cal tac 1' is though.

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber

What frequency band was the op on?

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
How about ITAC-1 = 866.5125 or soon to be 851.5125?

That's what I'm thinking, Doug. I know that many Northern California 800 MHz agencies put their own names in for the 800 MHz interoperability channels back when the channels first were put into service (1990s). It was a big problem for us during the 1994 World Cup Soccer matches at Stanford and the 1995 UN 50th Anniversary celebration in San Francisco - OPD units had differing names from Alameda SO units, which were different from Santa Clara PD units. Made the shift briefings really interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.