Calaveras County Sheriff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oakland_Tower

Premium Subscriber
Need some help in identifying some of the call signs I hear on their system. I know they have basically four beats (A,B,C,D) and that there seem to be two shifts (1= day shift & 3= swing). Example 1C is the day shift for beat C. On occasion I will hear a "Z" unit and an "O" unit. What is their assignment? Also, I'm pretty sure that Angles Camp PD are the "14" units. I hear 14K quite a bit..do they have several canine units? I don't hear a lot of command units on their dispatch. Besides an "S" unit or an "I" (investigations?), I mostly hear beat car traffic. Do they operate on a different freq or just don't use the radio much? The V units must be volunteers. Any info appreciated.

jgragg23

Premium Subscriber
Need some help in identifying some of the call signs I hear on their system. I know they have basically four beats (A,B,C,D) and that there seem to be two shifts (1= day shift & 3= swing). Example 1C is the day shift for beat C. On occasion I will hear a "Z" unit and an "O" unit. What is their assignment? Also, I'm pretty sure that Angles Camp PD are the "14" units. I hear 14K quite a bit..do they have several canine units? I don't hear a lot of command units on their dispatch. Besides an "S" unit or an "I" (investigations?), I mostly hear beat car traffic. Do they operate on a different freq or just don't use the radio much? The V units must be volunteers. Any info appreciated.
I'm not sure about a lot of their call signs since I mostly monitor Tuolumne County. The Bureau of Reclamation contracts with Tuolumne and Calaveras County for law enforcement services at New Melones Reservoir. The Tuolumne deputy is Mary 11 and the Calaveras deputy is 2Union. This leads me to believe that 2= swing and 3= graveyard. The deputy that works at melones uses the radios the melones park rangers use in order to easily communicate with them. That frequency is in the database.

The call sign CO are the deputies that work in the jail. You can hear them transport prisoners from the jail to court and vice versa. I'm pretty sure S is sergeant. Angels Camp PD has 1 K9 unit that I'm sure of. There might be a second but I don't know.

Thats all I know of. I hope that helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.