Calcasieu Parish fire truck numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
Calcasieu County Louisiana - Google My Maps - zerg90 map of fire stations in Calcasieu County Louisiana

trying to find fire truck numbering scheme - not finding too much - the fire truck numbers and IDs might be based on the radio channel / talkgroup that they use / share

Sulphur - Eng 18

Ward 6 FD 1 - Eng 19

Vinton - VF1 - VF9 - VF2 - etc

Houston River - Eng 1 - Ladder 1

Carlyss - Eng 3

DeQuincy - Eng 17

Iowa - ???

LeBleu Settlement - ???

Ward 1 Dist 1 - ???

Starks - ???

Ward 7 Dist 1 - ???

Westlake - ???

Cal Cam - ???

Ward 6 Dist 1 - ???

Ward 2 Dist 1 - ???

Chennault Airport - ???

Lake Charles Regional Airport - ???

Rural Metro Fire - ???

This has been a pretty tough county to figure out. Still dont have a good handle on all of the fire stations. Need to do more Google searches for FDs at the bottom of this list. Calcasieu Borough sure is an interesting place.

Note - there is one fire protection district ("South of Lake Charles") which I think has no stations and no fire trucks - they pay Lake Charles FD to cover their area apparently.

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
" Note - there is one fire protection district ("South of Lake Charles") which I think has no stations and no fire trucks - they pay Lake Charles FD to cover their area apparently. "

--------------------------------------

update

Photo of the Day: September 20, 2019 - Fire Apparatus

"CC-16" is a pumper tanker for Ward 3 District 2 which is lettered as "Lake Charles Fire Department"

(CC might stand for Calcasieu Contract)

KC5AJP

Premium Subscriber
I do not have time to make you a map of the stations around the parish (not county). Each department decides its own numbering scheme so to speak.

Ward 1 (Moss Bluff) - MB### with 200s being engines, 300s service/tanker, 600 utility. With some flexibility.

Ward 2 (Bell City, Hayes, Holmwood) BH## personnel and Engine, Tanker, Squad whatever for apparatus.

Ward 3 (Lake Charles and old Cajun Country (CC)) Engine, Ladder, Tanker and station number they are assigned. Units are Chief (41), Asst. Chief (42) and District Chiefs (43-45) with other personnel in the 50s.

Ward 4
Sulphur - SF - 1 Chief, 2 Asst. Chief, 3 District Chief 4-8 staff, then two digit units are apparatus. First number is station assignment and second is vehicle number (with exceptions, 18, 28, 29, 34 are engines, 41 and 42 are ladders and 51 is a mini pumper/rescue)

Carlyss - CF - 30s engines, 41 ladder, 60s service/rescue, 80s utility, 90s staff vehicles

Westlake - WF - 200 engines 300 tankers 400 ladder 600 service

Houston River - HR - HR#(#) is personnel or they go by name FF Doe etc. Engine, Service, Rescue, Rehab # are apparatus

Ward 5 (Starks) - Starks ## personnel and no clue on apparatus

Ward 6 (North Sulphur/Rural DeQuincy) FP### are personnel and Engine, Service, Rescue are apparatus

DeQuincy - DF - not sure about personnel or apparatus numbering

Ward 7 (Rural Vinton) - FR - FR## personnel and Engine, Service, Ladder, Etc are apparatus.

Vinton - VF - VF## are personnel and Engine, etc for apparatus

Ward 8 (Lebleu) - LS - LS## personnel and Engine, Rescue, etc for apparatus.

Iowa - IF or Iowa- ## personal and Engine, Ladder, Rescue for apparatus.

Lake Charles Regional - no clue I'll ask their Chief next week at a meeting I see him at.

Chennault - Crash # are ARFF trucks I think they have a Med # pickup and not sure what else.

Rural Metro is a refinery contract Department and not sure what all they have or what they call each unit.

Again Clacasieu is a Parish not a county and not sure where this borough word comes from. Each Ward has a Fire District (at least one as Ward four has four different departments within it) Fire District 1 of Ward 3 (Rural Lake Charles) mostly south but parts of Chennault area and off Old Town Road used to be known as Cajun Country but was taken over by Lake Charles some 15 years ago. The vehicle numbering system the City of Lake Charles uses such as 601-03 or whatever I'm not sure the rhyme or reason behind it. The CC-16 you see is a truck used by LCFD but paid for by Cajun Country funds still kept separate from the City of Lake Charles funds. It is I believe in service as Tanker 9 at Station 9 the old Cajun Country main station. Ok, that was a lot of typing. I think it's mostly accurate but shouldn't be responsible for errors. Hope it helps.

Last edited:

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
KC5AJP - thanks for all of the help. All of the info has been added to the map at - Calcasieu County Louisiana - Google My Maps

Looks like we have 99% of the stations on the map now. [ Just have one station number for the Ward 1 FD - but thats not a big deal. ]

Peter Sz

KC5AJP

Premium Subscriber
KC5AJP - thanks for all of the help. All of the info has been added to the map at - Calcasieu County Louisiana - Google My Maps

Looks like we have 99% of the stations on the map now. [ Just have one station number for the Ward 1 FD - but thats not a big deal. ]

Peter Sz

Zerg send me a PM, I cannot send one to you. What Ward 1 station are you inquiring about I will get the needed information for us. I play a game called Mission Chief and am trying to build Calcasieu Parish out realistically. This is why/how I obtained most of the information posted above. I got with 911, checked my CAD, or called a representative/Chief of each department.

Status
Not open for further replies.