Calcasieu parish question

Status
Not open for further replies.

buslova

Hello I am running a gre psr 800. I updated the library Saturday and put it to the scanner but I also noticed some frequency's added to the towers near me on the LAWIN so I went ahead and updated the scanner with the new frequency's. Now I am not able to hear CPSO Tac2 or Tac3 I am only picking up Tac1. Could a control number have been changed in the last update? I have tried wiping it clean and start over fresh and its still not running and unfortunately I didn't back it up before I updated. An Ideas?

buslova

Ok after more tinkering I let the library update the sites. I had it set to where the only site I had in the list were the 4 in my parish. With it set like that I get nothing but CPSO tac1. After adding all 126 sites I get everything but on sites that are so far away from me most of what I get is digitized I landed on Hammond and it was clear then next hit it stopped on Natchitoches as the site and it was weak signal. I have been using this 800 for a few years and have always had it with just the sites in my area and never had a problem. Why now?
Now its on Montegut as the site. Its switching every couple of minutes. I tried setting up with the sites I have listed that work and it is just dead. The Montegut is new that's the first time its hit that site. Any info would be appreciated.

buslova

Ok I have tried everything I can hear State and Acadian ambulance on LAWIN but no CPSO. I was getting at least CPSO tac1 but now I get nothing.

KC5AJP

Premium Subscriber
The database is missing a control channel for the Sulphur site. It's 774.91875 and has been submitted. I'm not sure where you live or frequent, but Vinton, Sulphur, Arsene Lebleu, Lake Charles, and DeQuincy should be considered. Sulphur and Lake Charles carry most of the parish communications while Vinton and DeQuincy towers the west and northern areas. Arsene catches Cameron pretty well. Any other questions let me know I may can help you program everything up according to your area. Sulphur TRS still carries SPD and the Sulphur area Fire Departments.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

buslova

Awesome thanks radiosquirrel! Now im pulling off sulphur tower. My problem was on all towers in Calc Parish. I am using a Wilson 881 antenna and out of desperation I put the original rubber duckie on and it worked so I think my Wilson is messed up some how or another. It picks up 800's but when it comes to the 700's it was hit and miss.

Status
Not open for further replies.