Calcord traffic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oakland_Tower

Premium Subscriber
I'm trying to catch enough info to find out the name of the company. If I do, I'll send them off an email. So far I have heard reference to a boat (tug?) called the Sara Lee (unknown spelling). Based on the strengh of the transmissions I think they are working out of the Port of Stockton and I did hear a reference to Three Mile Slough not being open. Sounds like they are moving barges around nightly on overnight trips, perhaps out towards Suisun Bay, but there are still a lot of unknowns. So, I think the quickest way to stop this is to find out who the operator is and send them a friendly email about the use of 61A. Here is one possibility: Tugboat and Barging Services | San Francisco Bay | Delta | Lind Marine

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Upon further research, I did find a ship called the Sarah Reed, which is what I may have heard, belonging to this company: The Dutra Group | Aggregates, Dredging, & Marine Construction Services I sent them a friendly email advisory. So far this morning I have not heard them talking, but perhaps they have the long weekend off.

I was driving through Galt this evening on Highway 99, about 7:30pm. Had one of the work truck radios on CalCord. I heard them talking briefly. Did sound like marine type communications, talking about lights and such.

footage

Premium Subscriber
The Dutra Group does most of the dredging in the Delta and Bay areas. I think they’re a Corps of a Engineers contractor. They operate a Dredging Museum which I highly recommend if you’re interested.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Was up down through Stockton today and heard them a bit. I later was up at my site on Mt. Hamilton and they were coming in very clear. Talking about barges, line handling and "False River".

If they are keeping up that much traffic, I'm sure they've been noticed and I'm sure someone will be paying them a visit soon.

Oakland_Tower

Premium Subscriber
I have not either. I don't know if they finally got my email, were told otherwise, or their operation moved to somewhere else. Glad they are gone tho...

Norman

I haven't heard them in a while, thought they were gone, but heard them around 0900 this Sat.
Mention of a barge again.

Status
Not open for further replies.