Calculate a moxon for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I've seen some moxon's in pictures, and I know that there is a moxon calculator which one may download, though I am not able to install this calculator correctly. Instead, I would like to ask if anyone would plug in for two different antenna's and screenshot it for me. I would greatly appreciate it. :)

6-meter (52mhz)
20-meter (14,060)

I would greatly appreciate it! I'm gonna try and install 'said' software on a different machine when I come in contact with it later in the week!

Thank you!

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I've seen some moxon's in pictures, and I know that there is a moxon calculator which one may download, though I am not able to install this calculator correctly. Instead, I would like to ask if anyone would plug in for two different antenna's and screenshot it for me. I would greatly appreciate it. :)

6-meter (52mhz)
20-meter (14,060)

I would greatly appreciate it! I'm gonna try and install 'said' software on a different machine when I come in contact with it later in the week!

Thank you!
Why not just use one of the on-line calculators? A simple and quick Google search easily found them, here's one:

http://w4.vp9kf.com/moxon_design.htm

DcotorWu

Google "MOXGEN" and your troubles will be over.

Why do you want a 52 mhz antenna that is horizontal? It will be too short for SSB operations and it will be a horizontal antenna resonant on the FM part of the band, where everyone goes vertical.

SCPD

QRT
Google "MOXGEN" and your troubles will be over.

Why do you want a 52 mhz antenna that is horizontal? It will be too short for SSB operations and it will be a horizontal antenna resonant on the FM part of the band, where everyone goes vertical.
My apologies now. I was simply brainstorming different antenna ideas for the open celing I currently have. Wire now hang all over it. Maybe making a moxon sometime soon to place across the living room.

Status
Not open for further replies.