Caldwell County Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbeam

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know if tower sites outside of Caldwell county broadcast Caldwell county fire on the Viper network? If so, which locations?

Also, does Caldwell fire still use VHF for most activity or have they converted to Viper?

Thanks in advance for responses.

Bryan, W4HLD

ncdadof3

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know if tower sites outside of Caldwell county broadcast Caldwell county fire on the Viper network? If so, which locations?

Also, does Caldwell fire still use VHF for most activity or have they converted to Viper?

Bryan, W4HLD
They use both. I will have to double check but I believe Catawba and Burke broadcast Caldwell also.

Flyham

Bryan, W4HLD

If memory serves me correctly. City and County agencies that use VIPER as their primary radio solution have their disptach talkgroups set to roam off towers in their home county as well as a county in each direction. Again if memory serves me correctly.

NwJ

They probably use the Linville (Grandmother Mountain) site as well. I have heard Caldwell County SHP units on the Grant's Mountain site also.

drayd48

This all depends if there is a radio affiliated with another tower site that is outside of the county.

Status
Not open for further replies.